Oil problem

VilsonG

Hi,I have a Skoda Fabia 1.4 16v mpi year 2000 model elegance
Skoda has 270.103 km(167.835mile) my car consume oil,  1L/900 km but that's not my problem,my problem is while car is working in traffic jam red oil light came on and make a beep three times and goes off,i've cheked level of oil and it's OK...
Where is problem?

3 minutes ago, Wino said:

I think it is probably worth fitting a replacement pressure switch just because they are quite cheap.

Has there been any recent change in fuel consumption or engine smoothness?

well in city drive the fuel consumption it's littel higher but out of city it's normal 5.5l/100km.Engine it's working perfect

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wino said:

I think it is probably worth fitting a replacement pressure switch just because they are quite cheap.

Definitely worth trying before anything else.

14 hours ago, Wino said:

Unplug the 1-wire connector from the oil pressure switch and see if the switch is leaking oil.

I had the same problem and changed the sensor, and then the problem was gone. Else good pressure on these engines I think.

Edited by Torbo
  • Thanks 1