Rear suspension

rrduffy

Recently bought an 2004 diesel Octavia , my rear top mount broke , while replacing the top mount I found the rear shocker to have lose its pressure.

Can anybody advice on a heavy duty shockers for the rear or some sort of upgrade, it's seems to be the only things that let's this car down.

many thanks R 

Shouldn't really need any particularly heavy duty shocks unless you're taking the thing on a rally stage. Just make sure you buy decent quality replacements (i.e. probably not the cheapest ones ECP/GSF sell). It might be worthwhile replacing the bump stops at the same time, they were knackered on mine when I replaced the rear shocks.

Yes it's been well looked after , first owner was a woman for 120k , so not a taxi , she traded it into my work and one of the boys bought it then I bought it lol , as a mechanic i look after all my cars . 

• Like 1