Advice on misinformation of new car spec

vadimo

Back in November when we purchased Karoq, the specification brochure stated that Edition trim came with Electrically operated front seats with memory function now i have learned this is not the case and revised specification brochure now states: Electrically operated driver’s seat with memory function.

I honestly did think we were getting both seats with memory function - why would you do this on one seat and not both other than trying to save manufacturing costs, and this is top spec Edition! I expect this from other lower brands but not Skoda.

i have emailed my dealer and was advised:  "This would be something that you need to ask Skoda customer service, they may have made a printing error on the original brochure but this will be a Skoda error and not ourselves, we are a franchise and do not deal with the specifications sent direct from Skoda."

Is this correct, dealer can just wash their hands off this? After all they are representing officially Skoda UK and act on their behalf.

We are collecting car comming Saturday, all i want is a some sort of compensation i.e. free accessory.

Any advice/experience how to proceed further?

Wasn't sure where to post, hopefully this is right section.

It is Sadly. Brochure usually says  you can't rely on it and must  check with the dealer before ordering. 

That said even when you do that it doesn't stop Skoda  changing the spec  between order  and build  without telling anyone as they did to me. 

You could try telling the dealer you don't want the car unless it's as specified  in your brochure.  You might just have a legal argument that the vehicle isn't "as described" as you could only order from printed material. 

Your best bet would be to Get proper  legal  advice BEFORE  collection  your hand is much weaker after you hand over all those thousands of pounds. 

There is always a disclaimer on brochures, clearly stating specification/s are subject to changes etc to check at the time of ordering or something along those lines :(

"The information in this brochure referring to specification, design, equipment, material and external appearance relates to the time at which this brochure was printed. 
Whilst every effort is made to ensure its accuracy, the information in this brochure is not binding and is subject to alteration. Some images within this brochure depict 
left hand drive models, with both standard and optional equipment shown. Please confirm exact specifications, prices and colour availability with your ŠKODA Retailer 
who will be notified of any changes as they occur"

Edited by Defenderben

On 18/02/2018 at 20:17, vadimo said:

Back in November when we purchased Karoq, the specification brochure stated that Edition trim came with Electrically operated front seats with memory function now i have learned this is not the case and revised specification brochure now states: Electrically operated driver’s seat with memory function.

Wasn't sure where to post, hopefully this is right section.

Fairly common only to have electrically operated & memory on Driver seat only,  OK they may have made error on brochure - what does it say on your order.?

30 minutes ago, Sargan said:

Fairly common only to have electrically operated & memory on Driver seat only,  OK they may have made error on brochure - what does it say on your order.?

karoq 1.5 hai and listed

it's not brochure! it's spec error

If it is ‘spec error’.  where was this spec given to you, was it officially part of contract ... if it was then you have a legal case.

Does you contract to purchase specify reference to a ‘specification’.  If it does then you are covered.

• 1 month later...