Order Placed

Just had email from Dealer with initial Build Week Details:

Build Week 13 (26th March)

So if all goes well, the new 'Perb should be with me beginning of May :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Had confirmation that my Car is an actual car now - not an order number!

On its way to Emden Port...getting a little excited now...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now on the boat towards the UK :biggrin:

However I am a bit disappointed, as the SEL has had a kit update - now comes with F+R Parking Sensors, and KESSY as Standard.  Those were the 2 options I was tempted by... but the mrs put a stop to my spending #Gutted

Edited by hwr1983
remove rogue ")"

Don’t be gutted - loads of us get caught out by spec changes. And you’ll love the car when it lands.

• Thanks 1

+1 ^^^

The detailed specs change regularly these days so whenever you order you are only a few months away from the next change. Don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the car in the spec that you orderd. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GaSelle said:

Lucky you. I placed an order 1st of Feb. Still showing unconfirmed BW24... :(

Mine's a Diesel so could be why it's come quicker?

2 hours ago, hwr1983 said:

Now on the boat towards the UK :biggrin:

However I am a bit disappointed, as the SEL has had a kit update - now comes with F+R Parking Sensors, and KESSY as Standard.  Those were the 2 options I was tempted by... but the mrs put a stop to my spending #Gutted

I see you're point and when the it happens before you even take delivery it's even worse but there will always be a time when what you have ordered is superseded or is made cheaper in some way.

Enjoy what you bought and just ask the missus to make loud beeping noises when you get close to a bollard, that'll cheer you up and also involve her 'in the new car experience' :biggrin:

14 hours ago, penguin17 said:

just ask the missus to make loud beeping noises when you get close to a bollard, that'll cheer you up and also involve her 'in the new car experience' :biggrin:

LOL!

Yeah, I think I'm over it now.  Thanks though :)  I'm looking forward to getting the car now. Hopefully won't be much longer :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new Superb (according to the dealer order tracker) has Arrived at the Dealership.  So it won't be long now! Just registration and PDI to get out of the way before collection :) 

• Like 1

Collection on Saturday Morning :)

Will take some pics - might do some before/after shots as I plan on doing a full Detail wash as soon as its home (clay bar, AG SRP & AG EGP - might as well use the stuff that Skoda Dealer gave me last year!) and post in the Superb 3 Pics Thread :)

Edited by hwr1983
  • Like 1

Been over to pickup the Superb today and she’s lovely. No pics yet...been busy driving today!

Will get some posted in the next couple of days.

I can confirm that the new 150tdi DSGs are 7-speed and DO have ad blue now...

It was a bw13 car

Also I think that the gearbox dropping out of Eco mode and back to D mode thing may have been fixed as I’ve got it set to eco in individual mode and it seems to be stuck even after ignition offs etc (still shows e on maxi dot and coast active etc). Gonna keep a eye on that though.

Edited by hwr1983
  • Like 2

OK so I'm on my third day of Superb-3-ness and guess what... the Individual Driving Mode has decided it's no longer going to hold the "Eco" drivetrain mode for me.  Oh well...making re-setting it the first thing I do once I get in the car doesn't bother me that much...it got my hopes up on day 1 though!

A couple of pics of our dusty Superb...

Will post some nice ones in the S3 Pic thread when it’s clean

5175E911-9110-41A7-9D6C-4641646435C0.jpeg

BFB6857D-6D73-4FFE-8A8C-701C6379A18B.jpeg

• Like 1