Advice needed - trim missing around back seat

2 minutes ago, PSM said:

I think people are being a little paranoid and thinking up the absolute worst case.

The real test will be how they deal with you today but make sure you go in calm and clear in how you want them to rectify the issues.

Absolutely agreed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PSM said:

Only one tyre has been changed since the other is the OEM tyre and that could easily have been due to a non repairable puncture which is more likely than it being so ragged in 5k that the tyre wore out etc.

Apologies didn’t make that clear but both rear tyres have been replaced and are different from the front. 

Edited by EddGee

Hi apologies for not updating sooner. A bit chaotic at this end. 

Well the sales manager wasn’t there to speak to. Apparently he was in a meeting at ‘head office’ all day. I later discovered that he was actually at the car auctions. 

The salesman who sold me the car dealt with me and explained that the car had definitely not been in any accident and also provided a Experian vehicle check. 

Also the plastic parts are on order to be supplied and fitted by the dealer this week.

They even added fuel to my car to cover the 80 mile round trip. 

Still not not had an explanation regarding the tyres and why they are different. I was told today after yet another call that the manager was in ‘a bad mood’. The salesman actually sounded scared!:blink:

Full blown letter written and emailed to the managing director of the company to show them I’m also in a bad mood given the fact the manager hasn’t even had the professional courtesy to contact me and offer any sort of apology or explanation. 

Edited by EddGee

That’s not good enough. You need to make a formal written complaint & copy it to Skoda customer services.

You are entitled to answers and a remedy. So far they’ve offered excuses, some evasion, and a partial remedy which involves you having to go back again. Not acceptable.

• Like 2

^^^^

Such rapid escalation of issues does little to solve such problems this early in the resolution. It just puts you into major conflict and irrespective of any 'rights' or 'wrongs' it is never the best place to be if you are looking for a sensible resolution to what really is a minor issue.  

I don’t call poor inspection, bits missing, switched tyres and what has so far been a relaxed attitude to delivering a remedy minor issues.

From personal experience, I know that you have to be clear from the start that you want a prompt, professional response to what you regard as a serious issue. Otherwise the manager will continue to be in a meeting/left for the day/in a bad mood (delete excuse as applicable).

This is the familiar retail scenario of putting the resources into getting customers rather than looking after them.

• Like 2

Makes no difference. Escalating it too soon only leads to less positive support from those that failed to provide it in the first place. End result is often a longer time to resolution.

Maybe dealing with the after sales dept rather than the sales dept is a better approach to such events. After all they are the staff who should be capable of providing a helpful customer response.  Salesmen sell things; you are right it is the only thing that floats their boat.

Things go wrong, people make mistakes.  I agree that it can be frustrating when things don't happen as and when you want them. Equally 'life aint perfect' and that applies to customers as well as businesses :D:D

• Like 1

Some very valid points from all above. 

Whats annoyed me is the salesman has repeatedly lied to me. 

He stated the car was serviced upon collection by me. It wasn’t. It was given a (very poor) PDI. 

He stated he would make up some private plates for me for my cherished plate and post them on. They’ve never arrived. 

He stated the manager was in a meeting all day at head office. He wasn’t. He was at the auctions. 

Also the salesman said the car got flat tyres being parked near to the wash bay where nails and screws gather. I find that hard to believe. 

The list goes on. 

Im done with the dealership now. I’ve gone straight to operations manager and company director. 

However they are not stupid. Their email addresses returned my letter and photos as the server won’t allow it.

Probably due to people like me with aftersales issues that the directors pay someone else to deal with. 

Any how my email is now in the hands of the after sales team and they’ve assured me the top man will read my complaint. 

Ive yet to contact Skoda UK but that’s a good idea and probably my next port of call. 

Edited by EddGee
  • Like 1

Regarding the tyres... the chances are it picked up a puncture and the dealer was unable to source a like for like replacement, as a result of this  rather than running 2 different brands on the same axle they changed the tyres to a matching pair.   

• Like 1

the whole rear end of ur car smells like a rat!!

1. its missing a rear parcel shelf hook.
    these things don't come off easily!
  2. its missing a trim off the rear seat
    again, these things don't come off easily!
  3. and its got rear tyres that DON'T match the front tyres!!

dude - i'd be check that rear end of ur car with a fine tooth comb.

• Like 2

Yeah, it might have been involved in a nuclear accident...

Relax!!! Yes, the dealer has some explanation to do for the lack of service, but the things missing on the car are very minor - so chill down!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JR RS said:

the whole rear end of ur car smells like a rat!!

1. its missing a rear parcel shelf hook.
    these things don't come off easily!
  2. its missing a trim off the rear seat
    again, these things don't come off easily!
  3. and its got rear tyres that DON'T match the front tyres!!

dude - i'd be check that rear end of ur car with a fine tooth comb.

I have trust me. 

It does look fine. No obvious sign of damage repair. 

All paintwork looks factory matched as well. 

Then again Im no expert. Is there specific areas that would be a giveaway of accident damaged repair? 

1 hour ago, EddGee said:

I have trust me. 

It does look fine. No obvious sign of damage repair. 

All paintwork looks factory matched as well. 

Then again Im no expert. Is there specific areas that would be a giveaway of accident damaged repair? 

Them hooks break easy if you grab the parcel shelf.

The plastic surrond could never of been seated correctly.

Tyres.. As I detailed before.

Sounds to me like its a good car, just needs a couple of fixes which the dealer should of done before sale... ( then everyones non the wiser)

Sounds like the dealer has just been a bit slack. 

The Experian check will only show if it has gone through the insurance system.

It is a very poor show from the dealer no matter which angle you look at it.

Edited by Danny 57

26 minutes ago, Danny 57 said:

The Experian check will only show if it has gone through the insurance system.

It is a very poor show from the dealer no matter which angle you look at it.

Absolutely. 

I’m like a dog with a bone on this one. 

Ok today I received a call finally from the general manager. 

He opened the conversation saying ‘its the man that doesn’t call you back...’

I’m all for jokes and humour but I was in no mood for sarcastic punchlines.

Especially from him. 

His comment was greeted by a wall of silence. 

Anyway he discussed in great detail the cars history, his role and also the unacceptable conduct of the salesman who frankly must enjoy feeding potential buyers bullish!t. 

The conversation was based around the letter I sent which he said shocked him and must have been forwarded to him from the head of operations. 

So whats happening?

Firstly the car has not been in any insurance accident or any accident whatsoever. 

Secondly the trim that’s missing has been missed by the PDI which he agreed was unacceptable. He did say that somethings go missing from cars to put into another car which I think someone mentioned on here. Common practice he assures me. 

Thirdly, he’s agreed to honour me with a service come the time as that’s what the salesman stated early on. He also said it would be coming out of the salesman wages! 

Fourth, the car has actually had three new tyres over its short seven month life span. This was down to a blocked drain in the wash bay near to where he used to park the car. Over time it’s picked up nails and screws. I can’t really argue this fact but the car hasn’t had accident damage so I guess I’ll have to accept his word on that. 

Car at is going into dealership tomorrow to have the parts fitted and of course the all important face to face meet up. 

My mind is finally at rest after a turbulent few days that I really could have done without. 

Anyway can I just thank everyone for their contribution on this. Really did help greatly. 

Thank you. :)

Edited by EddGee
  • Like 3

Great to hear EddGee. Shame it needs the kind of hassle you had to go through to get it resolved, but all's well that ends well and now you can get on with enjoying the car. Make sure you drink a couple of hundred quids' worth of their coffee while they sort it out tomorrow!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, EddGee said:

Firstly the car has not been in any insurance accident or any accident whatsoever. 

Thirdly, he’s agreed to honour me with a service come the time as that’s what the salesman stated early on. He also said it would be coming out of the salesman wages! 

Fourth, the car has actually had three new tyres over its short seven month life span. This was down to a blocked drain in the wash bay near to where he used to park the car. Over time it’s picked up nails and screws.

1. Its common practice for cars that suffer damage whilst the are in the Motor Trade to be repaired without insurance claims. If that applied to your car you will never know.

3. Total *******s. The salesman will not be paying a penny. He will simply be told to ensure he gets away with it next time.

4. Total *******s. If there was a parking space where cars were regularly punctured even the most stupid garage staff would remove the nails before it happened again. Its far cheaper than buying new tyres.

This garage needs an award for the most unconvincing excuse of the year.

Good news. It must be a relief for you. The business has now responded in a positive manner, albeit a bit late in your opinion, and that is what is important for you and them. As I said earlier mistakes happen.

Your tale is a useful pointer for anyone buying such a car (ex management?); look it over thoroughly before parting with your money. Difficult I know when your heart is soaring at the possibility of a new car but very important nonetheless.

For example, I am not at all sure that minor bits of internal trim are actually included in the PDI checklist anyway and tyres are merely checked for condition and tread. I am unclear what the issue was with the tyres but as long as they were legal then the PDI would merely record condition and tread depth.

Hopefully you can now get on with enjoying what is a great car :biggrin::biggrin: 

Edited by Sagalout
typo
  • Like 1