Good.  Was that on 95 ron unleaded?

They sell them with Minimum Max PS / Nm Torque, and to be able to achieve that at much higher feet above sea level and intake / ambient temperatures than on a Dyno in the UK which is unlikely to be & no more than 3,000 ft above sea level, not above 35*oC ambient temp even inside, but especially with a fan blowing air at the air intake,  and which will be running good fuel.

So even on the roads in the UK in high summer the vehicles are going to be getting their power in pretty ideal conditions.

In Winter even more so with the engine oil at operating temp and lovely cool oxygen and even winter spec fuel 

from November till April.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

What map are you using?

is it just a panel filter?

the map was by quantum tuning

just a panel k and n filter

98 ron esso fuel at the time.

(runs fine on 95 octane now as well)

• Like 1

I went to same place a few months back and dyno'd the car at 261 BHP - they do say they make them 'hot'. That was with only an APR carbon fibre induction kit on there. Good guys!

Will be visiting again to see what the post-Shark Stage 1 remap has done.

• Like 1

When it was mapped I had a tank of Esso 98 ron. In it.

The guy who mapped my car said VAG cars are always 10bhp over stated spec so they have a margin for error and no customer complaints. Mine came in at 229 before mapping.

Nice healthy increase that! 

I'm not convinced that most units put out more than their rated stock figure. I think it's more inaccuracies in the Dyno calculation. They are best for a rough estimate or to compare before/after figures.

Well I'm only repeating what the guy who did my car said. he spends all day every day mapping and on several different rolling roads. I queried why mine was 229 and he said he always sees vag come up 10 bhp higher than rated. He normally does Subarus though.

"vag are a pain" he said "they take so long to write to". Which was true considering he did 2 scoobys while i was waiting in the same time it took to do mine. Luckily he was an old mate so he reluctantly did mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 14:33, maul said:

Well I'm only repeating what the guy who did my car said. he spends all day every day mapping and on several different rolling roads. I queried why mine was 229 and he said he always sees vag come up 10 bhp higher than rated. He normally does Subarus though.

"vag are a pain" he said "they take so long to write to". Which was true considering he did 2 scoobys while i was waiting in the same time it took to do mine. Luckily he was an old mate so he reluctantly did mine.

My AmD re-map on standard VRS245 went from 248 to 302 bhp and 294 to 345 lb/ft torque or 467NM. Always run it on Shell V-Power which is rated at 99 octane. Just averaged 44.9 mpg on first trip to work, usually got 42.5 mpg on standard engine.

• Like 1