Skoda Connect - Expires Soon

BoxerBoy

Today I received an eMail telling me "SKODA Connect: Your contract is due to expire soon VIN - abc123".

Plenty notice as delivery day anniversary is in April.

For a mere £63 for Infotainment Online and another £54 for Care Connect - Remote Access, Skoda are offering me another year of fun and games.

I don't think so!

IMG_9291.PNG

IMG_9292.PNG

• 2 months later...

I too have received this email and in answer to your question no the only option is to renew for 1 year. I have to say I have given up on most of the head unit

stuff.

My Kodiaq does not want to talk to make any internet connection to my Iphone

The Map updates are hopeless as it constantly tells me the service is unavailable

Trying to download the maps gives you a 25gb download and then advises you that nothing may work if you

dare to install it but you guessed it is your problem if it all goes horribly wrong.

The bluetooth music connection works sometimes but sometimes not

Most of the info you can look up on connect is pretty useless
Apple Navigation does not show the map properly

Also I find the satnav has periodic nervous breakdowns and goes off to search for an address and does not come back just keeps looking for ever

I went to a pub having entered the full address and having taken me to the destination I checked on my phone and I was 20 minutes away from where the pub really was!!

I am staggered that Skoda have the audacity to charge for this "service". I have been renewing the traffic licence on my Audi for 4 years no charge at all.

I would love to know how many people actually pay up for this £117 per year ........................................... No Chance!

However the Kodiaq itself is great, Love Adaptive Cruise, Love Panoramic Sunroof

• 1 month later...

My 'Connect' expires 2/6/18. Not quite sure why as it was delivered 6/4/17.

I agree this is a complete rip off. I never bothered to connect to t'internet or any other of the 'Connect' services.

HOWEVER.... I do find the 'Connect'  app on my mobile IS quite useful. Is that going to disappear as well?

Honk & Flash has already gone from the app.

Colin Lambert.

Dip Mech Eng (automotive).

Moderator kodiaqforums.co.uk

Edited by 2ndyetiman