Sourcing Full Size Spare Wheel

Am looking to source a 17" alloy to use as spare on my Octy3 estate.

I've seen VW wheel 17" with same size tyre.  Will it fit my Octy?  Any other suggestions, kind people? (having seen the threads about speed being limited to 50 if 1) space saver and even 2) steel wheel of same size, I think best solution is to find second hand alloy.)

Just being the same size isn't enough. It'll need to have the same wheel nut configuration and the off set will need to be similar. If you're able to give a bit more detail I'm sure someone will know if it'll fit.  

BRISKODA 'wheels / tyres'  For Sale ads are good or Ebay to find what you are after.

Once you know what size you want, and if that is one that means not slowing down after fitting you fit a matching to the 3 still on the same car or matching the one on the same axle.

Even then you want the same pressure in a tyre that is not brand new / green, or that needs taking it easy.

So an identical match needed, wheel / tyre, still you should think about it and is all A OK.

Speed Limiting stickers should not be the only reason for reducing speed when a Spare is fitted, 

not all spares come with Stickers, but consider them as 'Temporary fits' to get you to a repair centre, and the regular tyre fitted.

(but then surely all drivers know that.)

Edited by AwaoffSki

eBay seller says it will fit but am wanting to double check before buying

This is the item, I know it will probably be a different weight and therefore needs to driven with care, as stated only to be used as a "get to destination" stop gap

Has anyone else used a VW or Seat wheel?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-10-VW-PASSAT-B6-AUDI-17-INCH-ALLOY-WHEEL-WITH-TYRE-225-45-R17-TREAD-2-48mm/132273882767?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

3 hours ago, MrWow said:

eBay seller says it will fit but am wanting to double check before buying

This is the item, I know it will probably be a different weight and therefore needs to driven with care, as stated only to be used as a "get to destination" stop gap

Has anyone else used a VW or Seat wheel?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-10-VW-PASSAT-B6-AUDI-17-INCH-ALLOY-WHEEL-WITH-TYRE-225-45-R17-TREAD-2-48mm/132273882767?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

don't let anyone baffle you with pseudo science... if its to get you home or to the tyre shop? its fine and it will fit but that tyre is done!

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

don't let anyone baffle you with pseudo science... if its to get you home or to the tyre shop? its fine and it will fit but that tyre is done!

Yeh I know, both rear tyres I have now will need replacing soon so plan is to get them done and move the best of the two to the spare.

My Oct 3 Scout came with an inflation kit, so I sourced a 15" steel spare (with a yellow 50mph sticker on it) with a 195/65/15 continental contact 3 on it (exactly the same as what my Oct 2 Scout had.

Whilst I agree that all tyres should be matching etc it is designed to get you home ....... and that's exactly what it did when I got a non repairable puncture on my Oct 2 Scout late one evening.  I drove 250 miles back from Edinburgh and drove on it for a further 2 weeks whilst I waited for 4 new tyres from Oponeo to arrive and be fitted.  I had no issues at all on my set up the normal tyres are 225/55/17 - can't comment what it would be like if they were 18"s or 19"s.

What I would say is in mine is with the spare wheel insert fitted the boot floor only just sits flush.

Edited by ScoutCJB