Steering Wheel Road Feedback

benni8

Afternoon All,

04 Fabia VRS

I have recently had my tracking done and since then I have been putting more attention into how the car feels on the road while driving and an annoying trait has become apparent.

No matter what speed I go, I can feel the feedback of the road through the steering wheel.

In my Mrs car, (07 focus) the steering wheel is still and vibration free every time I have drove it. When I jump in mine and drive the same road, even though the car doesn’t pull to either side, I can feel every bump or even surface in the steering wheel.

Is there any way to rectify this at all, or as anyone else had a similar experience?

Bushes and track rods replaced within the last 2 years

Wow, I can't believe you're complaining, I reset my power steering to minimum assist with speed sensitivity and it still feels a bit remote. You lucky man, if you get to the bottom of it tell me how you fixed it so I can reverse engineer your changes.

Would thick woolly gloves not work???

Edit:- if he wanted to take it to extremes, maybe a pair of ones like you should really use with a chainsaw? (I am only trying to cheer myself up as I've got a horrible cold!)

Edited by rum4mo

Lol..

Because i dont use it to bomb around in, i just cruise around on the motorway to work etc.. and just take stillness and less feedback feel as more refined.

On motorway if i let go of steering wheel it doesnt pull either left or right.. but jutters (slightly) with any change in road surface. 

On cobbled roads even slow i feel like steering wheel has a mind of its own 

maybe the OP is referring to excessive vibrations rather than 'good' feedback through the wheel. Could a wheel be out of balance? took me ages to realise one of mine was buckled as i only noticed something was up when driving on a smooth road and wondered why the steering wheel had so much 'feedback' on a newly surfaced road.