Glove Box Removal

voxmagna

Hi, I need to remove the glove box to get some wiring in behind it. The shop manual talks about using a screwdriver to loosen a catch peg in the opening handle. I know how easy it is to break parts. has anybody removed their glove box and can add something more understandable to the procedure? Thanks

Once you've done it once, it's dead easy!

Great Yeti wrote a step by step guide to removing the glove box, but I cant find it anywhere in the fourm now

So, with apologies for pinching his original text.

SKODA YETI
REMOVING THE GLOVE BOX

See pdf below:-

Yeti Glove Box removal.pdf

• Thanks 1

Job done but seeing how to remove the slide latch cover with hidden screw behind is the hardest part! Once removed there are 3 T20 screws across the top and 2 T20 screws underneath. Disconnect airbag, light plugs and cold air hose. To replace the cover you put it back about 20mm to the left of center and slide to the right. Use a 1/4" blade driver and mirror to locate the slot and plastic release clip underneath the latch.

This is a great way to get mod. wiring from the engine bay, behind the glove box, into the cabin and center console.

Glovebox latch cover remove tools.jpg

On 2/21/2018 at 23:15, speedsport said:

Once you've done it once, it's dead easy!

Great Yeti wrote a step by step guide to removing the glove box, but I cant find it anywhere in the fourm now

So, with apologies for pinching his original text.

SKODA YETI
REMOVING THE GLOVE BOX

See pdf below:-

Yeti Glove Box removal.pdf

Hi John - Apology not required! It's good to see stuff that you, myself and many others did is still useful! As always, anything I did was placed in the "Yeti Technical Guides Section" to help others = LINK

It is a section lots of people don't know exists so I thought it useful to mention it here. Hope you are keeping well......Tony

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Great Yeti said:

Hi John - Apology not required! It's good to see stuff that you, myself and many others did is still useful! As always, anything I did was placed in the "Yeti Technical Guides Section" to help others = LINK

It is a section lots of people don't know exists so I thought it useful to mention it here. Hope you are keeping well......Tony

Ah, thanks Tony... that was the section I was looking for originally and couldn't find. I'd forgotten you have to go back one extra step before the usual Yeti Forum "index" to find it.

Lots of very useful topics there, as we both know.