vadimo

This thread might become my notepad now.

I forgot to mention other things:

1. the service history is now digitally stored on the system, i said thats great, so i can view it in car? I was told no, its on Skoda's system and you would have to request from dealer print out, how stupid this is? The record is no longer with driver, its in the cloud somewhere. BMW iDrive, stores this digitally but you can go into vehicle information and view all history services and upcoming ones including MOT

2. i could not find any diagnostics menu for car, again BMW iDrive has basic health check that you run from menu on various sensors including measuring oil level

3. Skoda connect app is linked but get no data, stats or remote functionality, no idea

Edited by vadimo

Electronic Service History has been like that for at least 5 years, you just have to ask for a print out, which they are happy to do. 

Middle seat backrest folding as an arm rest and cup holders, but allows  access to boot was on the Yeti and is common on a lot of vehicles. It's not a design fault as it is performing as it was designed to do. The fact you don't like it is something  you'll have to just deal with. 

I have a folding arm rest, but also a ski hatch flap that prevents access to boot unless that is also folded, but I can't fold the seats individually 40/20/40, only 60/40.

Horses for courses. 

Columbus buttons on 'wrong' side is a consequence of VAG not fitting unique  parts for non Continental European countries, ie the UK. 

With reference to the Electronic Boot, there are threads in the Kodiaq section, and it has been mentioned in a few YouTube reviews, that it  it is very poor at detecting objects that obstruct it, like a reviewers arm for example, and continually attempts  to close.

Something to bear in mind. 

Edited by Guest

Any chance you could get some more shots of the front cabin? Interested in the beige colour seats, most cars reviewed or at the dealers are black on black...

Congrats on the new motor!

1 hour ago, Too Tall said:

Any chance you could get some more shots of the front cabin? Interested in the beige colour seats, most cars reviewed or at the dealers are black on black...

Congrats on the new motor!

Thank you but photo shoot won't come for few days due to being busy however this German review helped me to choose beige

https://youtu.be/0vPUzliAuxc

• Like 2

Just now, Too Tall said:

Thanks! Will have a look later today :)

Also very interested in your consumption figures...

me too but I guess its unfair yet to comment as car done 80 miles. I hope it's at least 37mpg+ which was our 2011 fiesta 

I can't find in the manual on how to break in the car and how many miles, anyone?

Yes, looks good. When you get chance don't forget to look at how those horrible plastic things namely tables are fixed!

As regards the controls being on the wrong side I'm so used to that in the Yeti that when I drive the TT where they are on the correct side I find them strange! You get used to most things in time.  

Total mileage counter is the same as on the Octavia. There's a switch on top of the indicator stalk. When in the left position it allows the activation of Cruise Control. When it's in the right position it shows total mileage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, westie38 said:

Hi vadimo, when you specced your Karoq did you specify the wheel arch trims? I've noticed that some Karoq's have them (like your), whereas other don't (like mine)..

No I didn't, thats how it came, you cant choose it someone posted here which spec gets them, it's to do with tyre size I believe so like 4x4 diesel version the one you would ecpect to have it, doesn't.

You will see in the spec it mentions wide wheel arches.

3 hours ago, Matt_West_Mids said:

Nice probably a silly question but what exactly is in the family pack?  I'm guessing at least child locks!

Of top of my head, reversible boot floor mat, child locks, bin in door and thermal rear passenger glass

5 hours ago, VAGCF said:

Yes, looks good. When you get chance don't forget to look at how those horrible plastic things namely tables are fixed!

As regards the controls being on the wrong side I'm so used to that in the Yeti that when I drive the TT where they are on the correct side I find them strange! You get used to most things in time.  

I did moan about them but actually when I got the car, didn't care so much anymore, I guess partly bevause I don't spend much time in the back, they are surprisingly sturdy and we have child so no doubt will come in handy, so I cooled off for now.

1 hour ago, westie38 said:

Hi vadimo, when you specced your Karoq did you specify the wheel arch trims? I've noticed that some Karoq's have them (like your), whereas other don't (like mine)..

I think its only the edition 1.5tsi's that have these, luckily for me :)

I guess it's because the 1.5TSI Edition has wider tyres. The rest have tyre width ranging from 215 - 225 (including the 4 x 4) where the TSI Edition is 235

I really like the beige interior - below the window line.  Skoda go and spoil it, I feel, by having the black headlining and window pillars.  And I wish you didn't have to have leather seats as well (in the UK that is).

Choices?  Only if Mr Skoda lets you!

2 hours ago, Portman said:

I really like the beige interior - below the window line.  Skoda go and spoil it, I feel, by having the black headlining and window pillars.  And I wish you didn't have to have leather seats as well (in the UK that is).

Choices?  Only if Mr Skoda lets you!

i have had pleasure of taking my wife's car for good clean as we are selling it, its got cloth seats even window armrests, after 5 years of using it i can see so many stains here and i will probably never go for anything else other than leather and i do like Alcantara.