Fabia VTS door handles

Hi All. I am having trouble changing the outer door handles on my Fabia VRS.(05 plate) I have located the T20 screws in the door shuts (after removing the grommets) I ve attempted to replace the rear handles first but cannot get the lock plates out to enable the handles to be removed. I ve unscrewed the T20 screw 3 and a half full turns but still cannot get the lock plates to release! I m afraid of undoing the T20 screw too much and dropping it down inside the door. Any advice regarding this? Thanks. 

Hi Jars. Thanks for the reply. It's the screw that holds the lock cylinder assembly in (Under the little black grommet in the door shut) I can't get the lock assembly out of the door to release the handle. I'm afraid of unscrew the Torx20 screw too much and dropping it inside the door. Any ideas? How much can this screw be undone before it will fall out?

Thanks for the reply Sepulchrave..... I have loosened the T20 screw 3 and a half turns, but how much can the screw be undone before it will drop into the door? Im afraid of undoing it too much as I'm told it's a nightmare if the screw is undone too much? The Haynes manual says not to unscrew it more than 3 turns?