280 Sportline ordered

Finally had confirmation that the order for my 280 Sportline hatch is on the system, no build week allocated as yet though.

Spec: 

280 TSI 4x4 Sportline Hatch

Colour: Meteor Grey

Options:

Canton

Travel Assist/TSR

Heated Screen

Heated washer nozzles

Heated front and rear seats

Front Parking Sensor

Power boot

Rear wiper

Spare wheel

I'm still not 100% committed on Meteor Grey.  In certain lights it appears to be a dull beige/mushroom colour.  The sportline also has anthracite wheels rather than full on black and I think the gloss black trim, meteor grey paint and wheels may look a bit of a hotch potch.   Dealer thinks I may be the first person to spec it which means I may never get a chance to see one until mine arrives never mind in time to change my order.  There's no others showing as being in production or even ordered.    Starting to sway back to Business Grey or possibly Black Magic, I have 4-6 weeks to amend the order apparently. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 4

Saw a Meteor Grey Combi outside my local (Stockholm) dealership last week. Looked really nice! I think i will be ordering black but this one made me think twice...

IMG_8086.JPG

IMG_8088.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've ordered Black Magic Pearl in my SEL - It was either Black or White (We've got a Quartz Grey Mk2 at the moment and I didn't want that again).  Never been a fan of Flat Grey...Looks like a battleship :tongueout:

Nice one Penguin - great spec. Have to confess I'm not sure about the meteor grey from the photo above.

FYI I had black magic on my last Superb and it looked fantastic for about one day a week (cleaning day) and filthy the rest of the time. I've got quartz grey on the SIII. Looks lovely on the L&K, and hides the dirt at least a little bit better than black.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ewlmr said:

@penguin17 No problem! I have seen a few Octavia's in a very similar grey. Maybe its worth tracking one of those down if you are still not sure...

Yeah, I've seen a few Octavia vRS' and even a Fabia Monte Carlo in that colour and it does look lovely, I've always been a fan but I've noticed a few times that in certain light it can change completely and take a beige tint.

Must admit I do like it in the Combi and that's a big car too. 

I agree with BriskodaJeff.  I have a black car.  One twenty mile trip down a country lane in the winter and you soon realise it was a waste of time washing it.  

When I bought mine the dealer recommended Quartz Grey.  I wish I had taken his advice.  Would look especially good on a Sportline with the grey and black contrasts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lol6 said:

I agree with BriskodaJeff.  I have a black car.  One twenty mile trip down a country lane in the winter and you soon realise it was a waste of time washing it.  

When I bought mine the dealer recommended Quartz Grey.  I wish I had taken his advice.  Would look especially good on a Sportline with the grey and black contrasts.

Yeah, we had a Fabia vRS and Octy vRS in BM at the same time.  Lovely for all of 30 mins after a thorough clean. 

Congrats on the order. I’ve not seen one that colour. A few Octavias knocking about but Superbs are rare. 

I agree on Black. But it looks great after a wash. Here’s mine after a blast in the country. 

84F1FD8F-D756-4B95-833E-7A788CF26129.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EddGee said:

Congrats on the order. I’ve not seen one that colour. A few Octavias knocking about but Superbs are rare. 

I agree on Black. But it looks great after a wash. Here’s mine after a blast in the country. 

84F1FD8F-D756-4B95-833E-7A788CF26129.jpeg

Really like that!  Sorry your initial days of ownership have been soured by your dealer. 

The Sportline looks extra mean in black.  Scenery ain't bad either. 

• Like 1

Thanks to @ewlmr I've googled some Skoda dealers in Stockholm and uncovered some pics of the Sportline in MG.  Shame Skoda UK couldn't find me this info:

ViewImage.aspx?MediaId=72017699&type=fulViewImage.aspx?MediaId=72017255&type=fulViewImage.aspx?MediaId=72017220&type=ful

Based on those pics I may stick with the Meteor Grey.  I know it's a marmite colour but I've always liked it and seeing it actually on a Sportline doesn't make my eyes bleed. 

• Like 2

@penguin17

As one who had a 150TDI and has since moved to a 220 petrol you are going to love the difference. With your extra horses and 2 drive wheels it will be even better than my experience I am sure. As a cappuccino beige man I cant comment on meteor grey :D:D  but I am sure it will look great in real life. Photos just dont pick up the depth of modern car paint colours in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Yay! Really pleased you've got it ordered. I have to admit, had 'undercoat' been available when I placed my order I could have been swung. Still, its white for me and a lifetime of cleaning :biggrin:. I am hoping it will be so fast the dirt won't have time to stick....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, edwards said:

Yay! Really pleased you've got it ordered. I have to admit, had 'undercoat' been available when I placed my order I could have been swung. Still, its white for me and a lifetime of cleaning :biggrin:. I am hoping it will be so fast the dirt won't have time to stick....

Not long now.... 

My ~18wk wait has begins.  Based on the above pics, I'm gonna stick with the Meteor Grey, If I don't like it then I can always finish the paint job with a colour of my own choice :biggrin:

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Not long now.... 

My ~18wk wait has begins 

well they quoted me 14 weeks and it came in 9 so you might be lucky....

19 minutes ago, Sagalout said:

@penguin17

As one who had a 150TDI and has since moved to a 220 petrol you are going to love the difference. With your extra horses and 2 drive wheels it will be even better than my experience I am sure. As a cappuccino beige man I cant comment on meteor grey :D:D  but I am sure it will look great in real life. Photos just dont pick up the depth of modern car paint colours in my opinion. 

TBH I think the Superb really suits cappuccino beige. I also think a Jungle Green combi looks good too.  

• Administrators

I spent a week with a meteor grey vRS. I liked it at the end. I got a few skoda / paint/ undercoat jokes, but... I liked it.

I'd go for that or white, not sure I'm fussy enough to pony up for the dragon ;)

Congrats to @penguin17 too, another superb superb!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lol6 said:

Quartz Grey isn't much better. It's definitely easier to clean than black but it doesn't look clean for long. :sadsmile:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ColinD said:

I spent a week with a meteor grey vRS. I liked it at the end. I got a few skoda / paint/ undercoat jokes, but... I liked it.

I'd go for that or white, not sure I'm fussy enough to pony up for the dragon ;)

Congrats to @penguin17 too, another superb superb!

I must admit I cracked all the primer jokes when I first saw the colour but its utilitarianess (made up word?) is growing on me. :dull::wondering:

Edited by Bignij
  • Like 2

Congrats nice color I had toyed with the idea for mine (1.4 TSI 150 DSG Combi), which should be rolling off the line this week, but stuck to laser white. I wanted the 280 but the tax in Ireland is crazy for them.

Always funny seeing the spec differences between the UK and Ireland though, you have 3/4 options that are standard over here, on the flip side I know there are standard items in the UK we dont get :(.

• Like 1