280 Sportline ordered

43 minutes ago, Caolan said:

Congrats nice color I had toyed with the idea for mine (1.4 TSI 150 DSG Combi), which should be rolling off the line this week, but stuck to laser white. I wanted the 280 but the tax in Ireland is crazy for them.

Always funny seeing the spec differences between the UK and Ireland though, you have 3/4 options that are standard over here, on the flip side I know there are standard items in the UK we dont get :(.

Yeah, the standard spec difference between UK and Ireland is a tad confusing.  Having to pay for a car alarm in Ireland is something that baffles me but as you say, there's things we pay for here that are standard for you. 

41 minutes ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

From looking at the pics above, I quite like the MG. I don't like it in the renders, and would be the first to make primer jokes, but you can see the sheen in reality which I think makes all the difference.

Agreed.   I just hope it looks good to the naked eye, on the Superb

• Like 1

17 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Agreed.   I just hope it looks good to the naked eye, on the Superb

Here's a thought. Why don't you book a nice romantic weekend for you and your other half in the beautiful city of Prague? Clearly it won't be your fault if the hotel you book happens to be right next door to a large Skoda dealer that has all of the colours in stock... ;)

• Haha 3

Bet you can't wait - I've had my 280 for 2 weeks now and find excuses to go the long way round on most trips , it really is such a great place to be in !!   You have ordered a great spec. too , virtually same as mine although I didn't actually have first choice as it was a Dealer Management Car.  Have seen a few Octavia VRS's in Meteor Grey but never a Superb so you will have significant exclusivity out on the UK roads .  This is my second Business Grey Skoda and just in case you change your mind ..... here it is.

AE67RPK Side View..jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Bet you can't wait - I've had my 280 for 2 weeks now and find excuses to go the long way round on most trips , it really is such a great place to be in !!   You have ordered a great spec. too , virtually same as mine although I didn't actually have first choice as it was a Dealer Management Car.  Have seen a few Octavia VRS's in Meteor Grey but never a Superb so you will have significant exclusivity out on the UK roads .  This is my second Business Grey Skoda and just in case you change your mind ..... here it is.

AE67RPK Side View..jpg

Yours is very nice indeed.  TBH if it had a heated screen I would have put a deposit on it, probably the day before you did! 

Apparently a local guy with an RS6 Avant put a deposit on it as the Audi was proving expensive to run (a 4.0 BiTurbo V8, who knew?!?!) so it speaks volumes for the car IMO.  He then changed his mind and the car went back on the forecourt. 

I think Mr Vindis himself spec'd and ordered that car.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Yours is very nice indeed.  TBH if it had a heated screen I would have put a deposit on it, probably the day before you did! 

Apparently a local guy with an RS6 Avant put a deposit on it as the Audi was proving expensive to run (a 4.0 BiTurbo V8, who knew?!?!) so it speaks volumes for the car IMO.  He then changed his mind and the car went back on the forecourt. 

I think Mr Vindis himself spec'd and ordered that car.  

Yes that info. backs up what Vindis told me . The day I enquired about it I was advised it had just been sold and then I got a call about a week later advising it was back on sale .  Have to say the deal eventually struck was excellent and car was as described (always a bit of a worry on a provisional telephone deal 350 miles away!).   They also told me that car was used by 'The Boss' Mr Vindis as his personal transport and with long term mpg (>3000 miles) on computer stating 30.3 mpg on collection ,  for a 280 I believe it had a fairly easy life.   Only small niggles I found were unvaleted overmats (swapped them for the better quality ones in my 220) and a pretty dirty engine bay (now sorted -  I love a bit of engine bay detailing anyway).  Surprisingly for a Main Dealer supplied and PDI'd car the tyre pressures were spot on and the oil level was not overfilled !   Looking forward to seeing the new 280 in Meteor Grey !

Edited by Boxerdog1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Looking forward to seeing the new 280 in Meteor Grey !

I’m down in Perranporth in October for a family wedding. 

Keep your eyes peeled! (Ok I know Cornwall’s a big place but you never know) 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, freelunch said:

@penguin17 We went to Perranporth one June for a wedding – must be a "thing". The reception was held in the pub on the beach. After the meal and the dancing started, the locals were invited in. It was a blast!

The Watering Hole? I’ve had a few messy nights in there :)

My two sister-in-laws live a stones throw from that pub.  It’s one of their weddings we’re going to.  

16 minutes ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Guess where I just passed through on a chilly blast around the coast roads (in my weekend toy).     This thread is certainly diversifying !!!

24 Feb 2018 (5).JPG

17 minutes ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Guess where I just passed through on a chilly blast around the coast roads (in my weekend toy).     This thread is certainly diversifying !!!

24 Feb 2018 (5).JPG

Ha. I used to have a mk1 MX5 too. In fact it was  my first car, a 1.8S 

is that a MX5 or Eunos? Looks like a Harvard SE? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

Ha. I used to have a mk1 MX5 too. In fact it was  my first car, a 1.8S 

is that a MX5 or Eunos? Looks like a Harvard SE? 

It's a UK car - a '91 BRG Limited Edition number 131/250 , 63000 miles with full history and just as clean and shiny underneath ! 

• Like 1

After being in scoobies for last 9 years (Classic UK Turbo and Forester STi) after my MkI Octy vRS (Just checked joined Briskoda 12 years ago!) I have a Meteor Grey Sportline 280 Estate ordered week before last. Really like those pics, first time I've seen a Superb in it - like the Octavias but don't like it on the Fabias.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davyg said:

After being in scoobies for last 9 years (Classic UK Turbo and Forester STi) after my MkI Octy vRS (Just checked joined Briskoda 12 years ago!) I have a Meteor Grey Sportline 280 Estate ordered week before last. Really like those pics, first time I've seen a Superb in it - like the Octavias but don't like it on the Fabias.

Awesome! Have you got a build date as yet? 

16 minutes ago, davyg said:

Not yet - before I ordered was told would be 19 wk lead time but have since said it may well be ready early April...  who knows!

Yeah I was told 18wks. 

Our cars may may end up on the same boat from Emden :)

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Meteor Grey!  If that's Velvet red then it also looks lovely though I was expecting a little more flake pop considering it's meant to be metallic. 

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

Love the Meteor Grey!  If that's Velvet red then it also looks lovely though I was expecting a little more flake pop considering it's meant to be metallic. 

Looks like Velvet Red in the pics - it looked nicer than that in the Bickerton's Showroom when I saw it on a Karoq.  Perhaps showroom light trickery...not as nice on those images though.

• Like 1