280 Sportline ordered

Superb Sportline 220PS TSI with a couple of options ordered on 14/02/18 and now being built this week :biggrin: Hopefully only another 4-5 weeks for delivery?? :wondering:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, k9matt said:

Superb Sportline 220PS TSI with a couple of options ordered on 14/02/18 and now being built this week :biggrin: Hopefully only another 4-5 weeks for delivery?? :wondering:

You've done well. I ordered on the 1st Feb and it is being build this week too.

I wonder if they build in batches, so this week is Sportline week for example.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, k9matt said:

That's quick! Nice one :biggrin: Yes anywhere from 3-5 weeks for delivery, from production complete.  My current Sportline was built 17 Jan 17, in the UK 30 Jan and then at the dealers 04 Feb. 

I ordered my 280 on the 13 Feb and it's just been provisionally brought forward to w/c 02 April. Though I've been told it may even shift forward another week. 

11 minutes ago, CoolC said:

You could be right about building in batches, is yours also the petrol engine? I'm just grateful it's before the GPF engines!

• Like 1

Should be picking this baby up next week. I ordered Laser White, a factory order, but then changed my mind and wanted MG. As it happened there was one in stock, not exactly to my specification but loving the black sunroof option.

fullsizeoutput_92e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_92d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_92c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_92f.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Maxloafer said:

Should be picking this baby up next week. I ordered Laser White, a factory order, but then changed my mind and wanted MG. As it happened there was one in stock, not exactly to my specification but loving the black sunroof option.

fullsizeoutput_92e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_92d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_92c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_92f.jpeg

That looks bloody lovely.  I'm glad I stuck with MG based on your pics.  A 280 too, very nice. 

How are you finding it so far?  

EDIT: Sorry, I overlooked you haven't picked it up yet. 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

I've a laser white combi , but having seen that black pano roof I do wonder if getting my roof vinyl wrapped black would look nice - I don't have the pano roof but do like the 'dark' effect.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, edwards said:

I've a laser white combi , but having seen that black pano roof I do wonder if getting my roof vinyl wrapped black would look nice - I don't have the pano roof but do like the 'dark' effect.

That will look nice IMO

3 hours ago, edwards said:

I've seen pics of Laser White with wrapped roof on the forum and it does look well

• Like 1

On 19/03/2018 at 11:08, CoolC said:

Have you had any update Cool? I've been told my car has been built and is en route to the docks

1 hour ago, k9matt said:

Have you had any update Cool? I've been told my car has been built and is en route to the docks

No, but I haven't asked for one either to be fair.

Mine's a company car, and my current one doesn't go back until 5th May, so I won't be getting the Sportline before then even if it's here and ready.

6 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Wow - has the dealer brought forward the delivery date?

Not as yet.  He said he'd wait until the car is in the UK though we provisionally agreed on the first week of May for collection but that was based on a build week of 16 April.  

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

On 19/03/2018 at 11:08, CoolC said:

I ordered mine on the 15th of February (MG 220 Sportline Estate) no word on my build atall yet!

all this MG talk has got me thinking twice. I love a black car. I do think a few of the photos make them look a bit mushroom colour. But the dealership shots look fantastic! Plus there’s a VRS wagon locally and I think it looks great.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2018 at 23:15, RJ_Mac said:

I ordered mine on the 15th of February (MG 220 Sportline Estate) no word on my build atall yet!

all this MG talk has got me thinking twice. I love a black car. I do think a few of the photos make them look a bit mushroom colour. But the dealership shots look fantastic! Plus there’s a VRS wagon locally and I think it looks great.

Agreed; I think the colour is susceptible to picking up colours from its surroundings. Anything remotely red/brown/green nearby will make MG look like mink/mushroom.  We had a Fabia Monte Carlo parked outside and the bonnet looked cold grey whereas the wing was picking up the red in the house bricks, it almost looked beige. 

Compare the pics in this thread; the car in the Swedish showroom looks cold, ‘sharp’ and definitely grey. Whereas one of maxloafers pics have that mushroom hue, which I think is from the red brick block paving on the dealers forecourt. 

Im sold on it anyway. If it wasn’t available I’d have stuck with Business grey 

60 mile round trip across the spine of Cornwall and back today in the 280. Accidentally selected 'as the crow flies' on the nav. Good news is I'm at 860 miles now so once its warm I can give it the beans... 

Gosh this is a capable machine. For something so big it really does shift and it just doesn't feel lumbering at all. The brakes are excellent too which is really confidence inspiring. On main roads it just purrs along.

Very very happy with it. @penguin17 you made the right choice for sure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, edwards said:

60 mile round trip across the spine of Cornwall and back today in the 280. Accidentally selected 'as the crow flies' on the nav. Good news is I'm at 860 miles now so once its warm I can give it the beans... 

Gosh this is a capable machine. For something so big it really does shift and it just doesn't feel lumbering at all. The brakes are excellent too which is really confidence inspiring. On main roads it just purrs along.

Very very happy with it. @penguin17 you made the right choice for sure.

Accidentally?! Yeah right :biggrin:

Did you also ‘accidentally’ select Sport mode? 

Oooh the redline will be in sight for you soon. Sounds like you’re enjoying the car; great stuff! 

April is gonna be a long month...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 280 is still sat at Emden with no shipping details allocated; I think it's been there 2 weeks and may sit there another week.

Dealer has pushed collection back to ~10th May  :sadsmile:

At least 12 weeks from order to collection is much better than the 18 I was initially quoted :)