280 Sportline ordered

Mine's in the UK, but not at the dealer yet. But as it's a lease replacement I won't be collecting it until the 5th once the current car has gone back to the lease company.

It's going to be a long wait.

I've had mine 5 weeks :) In that time I've done 1500 miles, collected my first car-park dent in the wheelarch and discovered paint chipped off the bottom of the tailgate where the dealer fitted the boot lip protector.

The car is awesome and a total pleasure to use and live with. Its effortless and feels quite nimble despite its size. The acceleration when pushed is best described as 'brisk' - the drag race away from the Tamar bridge caused at least one boy racer to re-evaluate his views on Skodas :-) I am totally delighted and still can't really believe its mine considering I had the same Vectra for 15 years.

Dentman is comming next week for the wheelarch as obvs the culprit buggered off and I'll need to pay up.

Dealership is covering the paint on the tailgate as they fitted the Skoda official protector and didn't adjust the tailgate stops accordingly. I am kicking myself I didn't check but I didn't think I'd need to. I've sorted the stops out myself so it won't hit now, and they are down for the paint.

All in all, you chaps are in for a treat...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edwards said:

I've had mine 5 weeks :) In that time I've done 1500 miles, collected my first car-park dent in the wheelarch and discovered paint chipped off the bottom of the tailgate where the dealer fitted the boot lip protector.

The car is awesome and a total pleasure to use and live with. Its effortless and feels quite nimble despite its size. The acceleration when pushed is best described as 'brisk' - the drag race away from the Tamar bridge caused at least one boy racer to re-evaluate his views on Skodas :-) I am totally delighted and still can't really believe its mine considering I had the same Vectra for 15 years.

Dentman is comming next week for the wheelarch as obvs the culprit buggered off and I'll need to pay up.

Dealership is covering the paint on the tailgate as they fitted the Skoda official protector and didn't adjust the tailgate stops accordingly. I am kicking myself I didn't check but I didn't think I'd need to. I've sorted the stops out myself so it won't hit now, and they are down for the paint.

All in all, you chaps are in for a treat...

But the post-it was unscathed, right? 

• Haha 2

I collected mine today. 8 weeks from point of order to delivery, and super impressed with the dealership...great contact and customer service. And yes @edwards is absolutely correct, you're in for a treat! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, k9matt said:

I collected mine today. 8 weeks from point of order to delivery, and super impressed with the dealership...great contact and customer service. And yes @edwards is absolutely correct, you're in for a treat! 

Nice.  Any pics? 

41 minutes ago, k9matt said:

Just a quick snap with it's little brother before it's buyer arrives :D

file.jpeg

That’s purdy. I’m not sure why I didn’t stick with Business Grey, it’s a stunning colour on the Sportline. 

Is is that a petrol or diesel vRS? 

2 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Is is that a petrol or diesel vRS? 

Diesel vRS - May 2014

Yes it was a toss up between that or Quartz but I felt that the business showed the black accents better

Edited by k9matt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, k9matt said:

Diesel vRS - May 2014

Yes it was a toss up between that or Quartz but I felt that the business showed the black accents better

Agreed. Quartz looks nicer with the chrome trim IMO 

Are you finding the Superb a noticeable step up from the Octavia? 

Just now, penguin17 said:

Are you finding the Superb a noticeable step up from the Octavia? 

Huge step up, aside from the difference in petrol/diesel of course, loving the refinement and comfort. Infotainment is a world apart from previous system and the canton has been a worthy addition in the hundred miles driving so far...

• Like 1

Great stuff. I can’t wait to return to petrol, after 10 years of running a diesel

Yeah I think the Canton system is great too. Defo worth it IME 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

Really missing my 280. Shame it didn’t work out. 

Keep looking at the classifieds at used ones. 

Even though ive just bought a brand new 245 Octavia Estate it’s not anywhere near as good. 

Anyone fancy a swap? :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, EddGee said:

Really missing my 280. Shame it didn’t work out. 

Keep looking at the classifieds at used ones. 

Even though ive just bought a brand new 245 Octavia Estate it’s not anywhere near as good. 

Anyone fancy a swap? :D

I’m up for that. My Sportline is lovely, nice 150 TDI up front. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, davyg said:

Phone call from dealer today. Can lift it this week!

You can really go off some people! :biggrin:

Great stuff.  I hope the collection goes well; don't forget to upload some pics. 

• Haha 1

My dent and chips were fixed today, so the 'Smugline' is once more pristine (until the next little ba***rd opens a door into it :))

Funny holiday story: driving through the tunnel just over the Tamar bridge, 30mph average speed cameras so going at 30mph. Focus ST all over my back end and flashing me. Well, the road goes to national speed limit just out of the tunnel and is dual. He pulled out to overtake but by the time I'd got to the roundabout at the top he was a spec in my mirror... and thats without exceeding 70 much at all. The acceleration is a bit surprising for a family estate car. And I had 4 pushbikes on a rack on the towbar. I wish I'd been able to see his face...

Edited by edwards
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, edwards said:

My dent and chips were fixed today, so the 'Smugline' is once more pristine (until the next little ba***rd opens a door into it :))

Funny holiday story: driving through the tunnel just over the Tamar bridge, 30mph average speed cameras so going at 30mph. Focus ST all over my back end and flashing me. Well, the road goes to national speed limit just out of the tunnel and is dual. He pulled out to overtake but by the time I'd got to the roundabout at the top he was a spec in my mirror... and thats without exceeding 70 much at all. The acceleration is a bit surprising for a family estate car. And I had 4 pushbikes on a rack on the towbar. I wish I'd been able to see his face...

I like that story.  It makes me smile. 

Though, I can't help but feel you took joy in posting it to further rub my face in it :angry::biggrin:

• Haha 1