Octavia 245 with Challenge Plus Pack at Geneva Show

Official Skoda press release 22/2/18 on Geneva Show

https://media.skoda-auto.com/en/_layouts/Skoda.PRPortal/pressrelease.aspx?ID=1385

Also gets 7 speed DSG box

There is also a photo (first one on the list on right)

" The ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS provides pure driving fun. In Geneva, it is being shown for the first time with the optional Challenge Plus package, which consists of exclusive design and equipment features for both the interior and exterior. From summer 2018, the sporty top-of-the-range variant of the bestseller will feature a 180-kW (245-PS) TSI engine providing dynamic drive. The electronically regulated VAQ limited-slip differential brings the ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS’s sporty ambitions to the fore."

Press release also mentions additional models getting digital instruments

Edited by SurreyJohn

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

One hell of a load of work for that retro fit

Actually it's not that bad, the Golf and Audi guys have been doing it for a while now.

Edited by Muzza80

Fairly inconclusive.  I don't think its says for sure that the standard VRS will now be a 245.  And the digital instruments have been on the CZ configurator for a while. And the 7 speed box is on the Superb, the 245 has had it all along.  

All it really says is Digital clocks and "Challenge Plus" which could be anything from go faster stripes up. 

14 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Fairly inconclusive.

Well a week or so till the show so, we'll know soon enough, does read to me like vRS or vRS + challenge pack AKA Golf GTI or Golf GTI +PP

Either way I can't see it being any worst than the vRS245 my only doubt is, whether than can judge demand & manage the supply any better than the 245 ? 

Edited by themanwithnoaim

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Fairly inconclusive.  I don't think its says for sure that the standard VRS will now be a 245.  And the digital instruments have been on the CZ configurator for a while. And the 7 speed box is on the Superb, the 245 has had it all along.  

All it really says is Digital clocks and "Challenge Plus" which could be anything from go faster stripes up. 

Nicely spotted!

Should be a reasonably simple retrofit then, all the parts will be available.   

Notice it's only a £330 option, I wonder how much the part will be to buy though, hopefully not stupid money! 

Untitled.jpg

I don't think anything really major will be changed. A little hype.

RS is recently in parallel with GTI. Meaning, if GTI is 230 + 245 with PP, there will be RS and RS Challenge plus. I believe they are just changing the nomenclature due to confusion, RS - RS 230 - RS FL or 230 - RS 245 ?! Now you will have in parallel GTI (PP) and RS (CP). 

Outside I don't know what major change can be, probably something so insignificant. Inside Octavia will get digital gauges (yuck) and interior lighting a'la superb sportline. 

Just a hype. 

It will be the same damn ugly 4-eyed FL. I don't think they will surprise me with a Superb like front. This could have been one of the prettiest Škodas ever, but I don't think so.

34 minutes ago, nidza said:

I don't think anything really major will be changed. A little hype

It will be the same damn ugly 4-eyed FL. I don't think they will surprise me with a Superb like front. This could have been one of the prettiest Škodas ever, but I don't think so.

There is a photo on the press release link, the red car in first photo

No need to guess what front will look like

39 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

There is a photo on the press release link, the red car in first photo

No need to guess what front will look like

It is clearly written than this is a photo of existing 245, not the updated one.

Not sure how reliable this source is but confirms the VRS engine jump to 242bhp and claims the superb will get a new 268bhp 2.0 TSI petrol engine.  Shame we coukdn’t Have had that in the VRS

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/skoda-announces-its-line-up-for-the-2018-geneva-motor-show-1816024

I guess the real news here is that there certainly will be a MY19 245PS VRS with a GPF. 

As with the launch of the FL they seem to be rehashing old news a bit...how is the VAQ diff on the VRS still newsworthy?

Edited by juan27

6 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Not sure how reliable this source is but confirms the VRS engine jump to 242bhp and claims the superb will get a new 268bhp 2.0 TSI petrol engine.  Shame we coukdn’t Have had that in the VRS

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/skoda-announces-its-line-up-for-the-2018-geneva-motor-show-1816024

Reading between the lines the reporter has just read the same press release as us I believe.

As the new Superb engine is 200KW I wonder if it's been made to fit a tax regime in some market? There was speculation that that the power reduction was a result of fitting a GPF, but the continuation of the 245 VRS with a GPF seems to go against that.

Edited by juan27

265PS over boost function would be a nice addition.  

I've just been told by a dealer and SUK that the virtual dials won't be available on any Superbs until very late in 2018, possibly even 2019.  Not sure if that's the same for the UK Octavia seeing as it's already available in other markets. 

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

I reckon about week 12....mid to the end of March.

The 245 was released at the Geneva show last year & the UK order books opened 24th of May so, that's probably the earliest it'll be. My factory ordered on that day didn't arrive till late August.

Wonder how long it'll take for people to start moaning about GPF regens ?

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1