Octavia 245 with Challenge Plus Pack at Geneva Show

19 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Well that would explain why the 230 was pulled - they all going to be 245's in future!

My dealer told me recently that VAG are not supplying Skoda with any more VRS230 engines and if a customer wanted to order one he would have to refuse it because he could not give a delivery date and would rather be honest with his customers.

18 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I feel special owning a ‘limited edition’ FL 230...;)

I asked Skoda UK to let me know how many VRS245 were registered on a 17 plate like mine and noaim's. This was on February 10th 2018 and as usual with Skoda I am still waiting for a reply. Perhaps the need to order a bigger abacas.

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

I asked Skoda UK to let me know how many VRS245 were registered on a 17 plate like mine and noaim's. This was on February 10th 2018 and as usual with Skoda I am still waiting for a reply. Perhaps the need to order a bigger abacas.

To be fair though, I can’t see that request being very high up the priority list. 

On 2/12/2018 at 23:11, GrumpyWookie said:

I'm very pleased with my VRS - have now done 6000km - it's the best car I've ever owned.    The new headlights are "modern" - and not everyone will like them.   

It looks better in some colours than others.    And better on the VRS - and "in the flesh" than photos.

The "clumsy middle piece" is full of sensors and such.    The previous one was below the numberplate.

We had a Skoda drive day here on the weekend (Melbourne, Australia) - was interesting to compare the old/new look.   

The pre-FL actually looks a little "OLD" - and will start to date quickly - looks like an Audi A4.    The new one is a "unique" face for the VAG family...

22096166_10155734494708659_3303501119619978892_o.jpg

27657810_10156125532953659_2055215862293046703_n.jpg

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

To be fair though, I can’t see that request being very high up the priority list. 

As you own the 230 thought you might like to know that my 1994 BMW325i coupe when road tested by Autocar back in mists of time did 0-60mph in 7.2seconds and 0-100mph in 19.2seconds and mine had only 183bhp on Amd rolling road which was less than BMW claimed at the time. A German car manufacturer being less than honest remind you of anybody.

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

The 245 was released at the Geneva show last year & the UK order books opened 24th of May so, that's probably the earliest it'll be. My factory ordered on that day didn't arrive till late August.

Wonder how long it'll take for people to start moaning about GPF regens ?

I'm assuming the MY19 VRS will start production in week 22 2018.  I think "our" 245 production  start was later last year....maybe week 30?

Of course no guarantee that means you'll be able to order one in the UK.

Start a sticky thread: "My vRS 245 smells of burning rubber & the fan runs very fast"

then wait for hundreds of people who tell you to drive round at 5000rpm in 3rd gear for 30minutes.

I hope the gasoline implmenentation is much more descrete than the diesel version.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gabbo said:

I hope the gasoline implmenentation is much more descrete than the diesel version.

Knowing VW they probably haven't even made such a device; they're defo blagging it so they can score major kudos with the environmental heads of the world. :blink:

7 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=skoda+octavia+vrs+245&commit=Search

16 minutes ago, SimonD316 said:

Im not sure, I would expect to see a big jump when the Q4 figures are added in. 

Q3 is July/August/September.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:47, Muzza80 said:

Nicely spotted!

Should be a reasonably simple retrofit then, all the parts will be available.   

Notice it's only a £330 option, I wonder how much the part will be to buy though, hopefully not stupid money! 

Untitled.jpg

Not bothered about the digital display i only look at the big digital speedo very handy when approaching roundabouts at 124mph in Germany of course.

Auxiliary Heater????? 

Nevermind I found what it is. Only avail in colder countries. But €1000, I could think of better ways to spend that on other options :-) Hot Water bottle for a fiver would do. 

Edited by AJAMESR

2 hours ago, AJAMESR said:

Auxiliary Heater????? 

Nevermind I found what it is. Only avail in colder countries. But €1000, I could think of better ways to spend that on other options :-) Hot Water bottle for a fiver would do. 

I think it’s remote controlled to you can warm the car without starting the engine

33 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

I would have thought the VAQ limited slip dif, well electronic dif was the big improvement. was it not fitted to ay of the other skodas? 

now we will be able to lash it flat out around those tight hair pins. :devil:

The VAQ diff is fitted to the 245 and also the PLF 230 already...    

• Like 1

Just been told this by the live chat team:

You're welcome, I had a look and can see that the new version will have the following features:

Challenge Plus package, which consists of exclusive design and equipment features for both the interior and exterior. From summer 2018, the sporty top-of-the-range variant of the bestseller will feature a 180-kW (245-PS) TSI engine providing dynamic drive. The electronically regulated VAQ limited-slip differential brings the ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS’s sporty ambitions to the fore.

Digital instrument panel available for additional ŠKODA models
The digital instrument panel first introduced in the ŠKODA KAROQ compact SUV will be available for the ŠKODA OCTAVIA, ŠKODA SUPERB and ŠKODA KODIAQ. The panel’s displays can be individually programmed; there’s a choice of different layouts. The size and positioning of the information displayed can also be freely configured. In addition to speed, rpm, fuel gauge or the navigational destination, information about the sound system, telephone or assistance systems can also be displayed on the screen behind the steering wheel.

49 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Just been told this by the live chat team:

You're welcome, I had a look and can see that the new version will have the following features:

Challenge Plus package, which consists of exclusive design and equipment features for both the interior and exterior. From summer 2018, the sporty top-of-the-range variant of the bestseller will feature a 180-kW (245-PS) TSI engine providing dynamic drive. The electronically regulated VAQ limited-slip differential brings the ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS’s sporty ambitions to the fore.

Digital instrument panel available for additional ŠKODA models
The digital instrument panel first introduced in the ŠKODA KAROQ compact SUV will be available for the ŠKODA OCTAVIA, ŠKODA SUPERB and ŠKODA KODIAQ. The panel’s displays can be individually programmed; there’s a choice of different layouts. The size and positioning of the information displayed can also be freely configured. In addition to speed, rpm, fuel gauge or the navigational destination, information about the sound system, telephone or assistance systems can also be displayed on the screen behind the steering wheel.

Ah so they've read the press release too.  ;)

Edited by juan27

Ah, I thought it added a bit more detail. I was pushing them to see whether my yet to be built & unconfirmed 245 would get any uplift in standard spec and they simply don't know. I doubt it, but I thought I'd may as well ask the question.

9 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

Ah, I thought it added a bit more detail. I was pushing them to see whether my yet to be built & unconfirmed 245 would get any uplift in standard spec and they simply don't know. I doubt it, but I thought I'd may as well ask the question.

The digital world instruments are an option on the CZ website now, so I don't expect them to be standard. The 245 engine and VAQ diff are already standard.

On 27/02/2018 at 12:47, ScottyNS said:

Skoda customer services confirmed this week that my 245 will be build week 22 (w/c 28 may) and said the current order book for 245s needed to finish wk 26. Seen various article on this site suggesting the new tsi engines need to have GPFs from wk 26 so wondering whether the new uplifted specs will come in from then.  While this has normally been wk22 (as confirmed by my dealer today) would make sense for Skoda to combine with the new engines in my view.  Also some suggestions that the new engines may see slight reductions in bph but more fuel economy eg superb 276bph being reduced to 268bph.

anyone in the know able to shed some light.  

Ps I’d love it if my wk22 uplift continued and I picked up some additional goodies for free :biggrin: