Intermittent misfire cylinder 3

Boase93

Hi all,

been having a few few problems with the fabia! It’s been misfiring quite badly when started after sitting for a few hours, especially when it’s cold out. 

Finally it’s stored a fault on cylinder 3 for intermittent misfire. This still doesn’t tell me a great deal just narrows down the possibilities. 

I’m also getting a lot of fluctuation in the boost gauge when the car is misfiring. A strong diesel smell, and quite a lot of noise from the cylinder head. 

I have tried to put to put a video up of the boost gauge and the noise but it won’t let me upload it 

if anyone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction before I have it all apart would be appreciated.

thanks

Andy

1 hour ago, sepulchrave said:

I would whip off the cam cover and take a look the cam lobes on cylinder 3, you may have a mechanical lifter failure causing this misfire and the head noise.

Would this cause an intermittent fault? I would have thought if it was down to cam wear the misfire would be constant? 

• 2 weeks later...