How to enable dual rear fogs on FL O3

Hi all,

Thanks to all of the guidance on the forum I've managed to do the following on my FL O3 in the couple of weeks since my OBDeleven arrived.

• fan speed in auto
  • passenger dip in reverse
  • HBA
  • Eyelashes for DRLs
  • Cornering lights
  • TSR

The last thing I'm trying to do (for now!) is to enable both rear fog lights - tried this as below but doesn't seem to have worked...

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

(4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26
Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt"

(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27
Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt" (which mine already seemed to be set to)

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 from 0 to 100 for the near side fog will work.

Any help much appreciated!

Edited by Edz_VRS

Really not a good idea. Isn't it a tad dangerous to have two fogs on - how is the person behind going to see your brake lights if they're being blinded by high intensity fogs?

I know it doesn't answer your question and I'm not trying to start a debate, but twin fog lights aren't enabled for a reason. I don't know of any car that has more than one rear fog light on therfore there's a possibility of some legal requirement.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Edz_VRS said:

Hi all,

Thanks to all of the guidance on the forum I've managed to do the following on my FL O3 in the couple of weeks since my OBDeleven arrived.

• fan speed in auto
  • passenger dip in reverse
  • HBA
  • Eyelashes for DRLs
  • Cornering lights
  • TSR

The last thing I'm trying to do (for now!) is to enable both rear fog lights - tried this as below but doesn't seem to have worked...

Controller 09 - Central Electronics
16 - Security Access - enter 31347
10 - Adaptations

(4)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26
Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt"

(4)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27
Set to "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt" (which mine already seemed to be set to)

change (6)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 from 0 to 100 for the near side fog will work.

Any help much appreciated!

You need to select the lamp type as well now. It’s near the top of the adaptations menu. Have a look at the offside settings and you’ll see what I mean. 

12 hours ago, Scot5 said:

how is the person behind going to see your brake lights if they're being blinded by high intensity fogs?

I know it doesn't answer your question and I'm not trying to start a debate, but twin fog lights aren't enabled for a reason. I don't know of any car that has more than one rear fog light on therfore there's a possibility of some legal requirement.

Because cars have THREE brake lights - so the CHMSL (Centre High Mounted Stop Light) will always be visible as it's in a completely different location to the other rear lights.

You need to look at more vehicles rear fog lights - my Audi S3, S4 Avant and RS4 Avant all had 2 rear fog lights; so did my Vauxhall Astras & Corsas, my Mercedes Sprinters; in fact the only cars which I've owned that don't have 2 rear fog lights are my Citroen C1 and my O3 (until I did the VCDS tweak).

Edited by SWBoy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Somone did report that this still didn’t work as it turned out the LEDs were not present so no amount of coding will work if that’s the case. 

Thanks that's worked :-) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SWBoy said:

Because cars have THREE brake lights - so the CHMSL (Centre High Mounted Stop Light) will always be visible as it's in a completely different location to the other rear lights.

You need to look at more vehicles rear fog lights - my Audi S3, S4 Avant and RS4 Avant all had 2 rear fog lights; so did my Vauxhall Astras & Corsas, my Mercedes Sprinters; in fact the only cars which I've owned that don't have 2 rear fog lights are my Citroen C1 and my O3 (until I did the VCDS tweak).

Three four or five brake lights - doesn't matter because rear fogs are high intensity and will block out any surrounding light. In effect it's like driving with your brake lights on.

It's exactly the same reason why Audi and a few others placed aesthtics over safey with their original high-intensity LED driving lights - yes you could tell it was an Audi, but you couldn't see the indicators when they flashed because of those bright LED's. These days when indicators are used, LED's are either dimmed or switched off altogether.

Other than one's own vanity, what possible reason is there for having twin rear fogs? Makes no sense.

24 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Three four or five brake lights - doesn't matter because rear fogs are high intensity and will block out any surrounding light. In effect it's like driving with your brake lights on.

It's exactly the same reason why Audi and a few others placed aesthtics over safey with their original high-intensity LED driving lights - yes you could tell it was an Audi, but you couldn't see the indicators when they flashed because of those bright LED's. These days when indicators are used, LED's are either dimmed or switched off altogether.

Other than one's own vanity, what possible reason is there for having twin rear fogs? Makes no sense.

Seriously?

Have you actually driven in thick fog? :blink:

"I could agree with you, but that would make us both wrong." :biggrin:

They're only fog lights, not bloody lasers!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scot5 said:

Three four or five brake lights - doesn't matter because rear fogs are high intensity and will block out any surrounding light.

Only if you have cataracts B)

On 2/24/2018 at 22:20, Scot5 said:

In an earlier post, you said you weren't trying to start a debate:tongueout:

13 minutes ago, ords said:

In an earlier post, you said you weren't trying to start a debate:tongueout:

The question was rhetorical. No need for debates when you're always right :tongueout:

Out of courtesy to the OP, it's best to keep on subject rather than everyone going off at tangents - makes posts very hard to read IMO.

8 hours ago, Scot5 said:

The question was rhetorical. No need for debates when you're always right :tongueout:

Out of courtesy to the OP, it's best to keep on subject rather than everyone going off at tangents - makes posts very hard to read IMO.

Sorry, couldn't resist:)