Locking doors with dog or similar inside

Since taking delivery  last year we've  been using the infotainment  panel to disable the internal motion sensors before locking (when dog is in the car).

This is a lengthy rigmarole , but searching manuals and web didn't shine any light on easier methods.

Recently, while talking to a Skoda technician, he suggested trying a double blip of the remote lock (as this works on the Octavia  apparently,).

Hey ho, it does indeed work!

I checked back with the online manual, and it does kind of mention it in a roundabout not-very-helpful way. I can't find the wording now as the app has now frozen on my iPad.

Anyway, might be useful if you want to lock dogs or children (only joking) in the car!

Hi Keble6,

Just press the orange button half way up the drivers  side door pillar before you close the door and then lock it normally. This disables the internal sensors.

Cheers

Pàul R T

1 hour ago, Paul R T said:

Hi Keble6,

Just press the orange button half way up the drivers  side door pillar before you close the door and then lock it normally. This disables the internal sensors.

Cheers

Pàul R T

^^this

Double blip on key disables simply disables deadlocks and tilt sensor but not internal sensor afaik

Edited by xman

On MY18 doesn't have the button on the pillar (i've been looking for it). However double tapping the handle bars (to lock car) seems to disable the alarm (the red led stops blinking for me)
Not sure about internal sensors though, didn't try ^^.

12 hours ago, keble6 said:

Recently, while talking to a Skoda technician, he suggested trying a double blip of the remote lock (as this works on the Octavia  apparently,).

Hey ho, it does indeed work!

That is exactly what we have been doing for 12 months now with the Superb and for 4 years with the Leon before it.

I can 100% guarantee it works.

Forget the double blip and you are guaranteed a visit to the car park when the alarm goes off.

It also works when I accidentally lock the car with the wife still in it.

Edited by skidpan

1 hour ago, skidpan said:

That is exactly what we have been doing for 12 months now with the Superb and for 4 years with the Leon before it.

I can 100% guarantee it works.

Forget the double blip and you are guaranteed a visit to the car park when the alarm goes off.

It also works when I accidentally lock the car with the wife still in it.

Yes; my June 2017 Superb doesn't have anything like an orange button.

I also found that if I use the remote to open the boot after having double blipped, then close the boot, the internal sensors are now armed. Come back after taking the supermarket trolley back, walking the walk of shame!

10 hours ago, JackySi said:

On MY18 doesn't have the button on the pillar (i've been looking for it). However double tapping the handle bars (to lock car) seems to disable the alarm (the red led stops blinking for me)
Not sure about internal sensors though, didn't try ^^.

I'll try the double tapping the handle bars - thanks!