Digital cluster

George1468

I was told that it won't be making an appearance in the Superb till very late '18 maybe even early '19.  Skoda UK have no timescales for it in any other models too.    

Apparently it's already available to spec on the Octavia in some markets, Skoda CZ for example. 

I find it hard to believe that they'd introduce a new model such as the Karoq and not have it as an option or even as standard on the higher trims. 

I got the same response off skoda uk when i asked in Jan and their response was "there was no plans for the it to be available for the foreseeable future in the uk" mind you they also said that with the 190 diesel. 

Been discussed here already.

Basically if Karoq is off to a good start then i don't see manufacture been in hurry updating early whats already great seller, i imagine it will be more prudent from business point of view is to add this during refresh/ face lift iteration 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh how times change, just shows you shouldn't believe everything you read (taken from September 2016) !!

https://www.parkers.co.uk/car-advice/2016/skoda-to-offer-virtual-cockpit-in-early-2017/

Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier has confirmed the availability of Virtual Cockpit technology - as seen on Audi's A3, A4 (shown above) and TT - on at least one of the brand’s models from April 2017.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:13, philipashby said:

With the Ateca and Tiguan both getting the Digi cluster and DCC it would be odd for Skoda not to push it out too. Especially as the Tiguan SEL is heavily discounted to match the Edition Karoq price at the mo!

I went for a Tiguan 190 TDi SEL 4Motion partly because of the discounting, but I have to say the digital dash on the SEL demonstrator was a peach.

M

Just now, ktm690rr said:

I went for a Tiguan 190 TDi SEL 4Motion partly because of the discounting, but I have to say the digital dash on the SEL demonstrator was a peach.

M

Test drove both this weekend and the Tiguan was a more distinct drive and the £5.5k saving through Carwow sold it for me...

Shame, I really enjoyed the Yeti! Karoq lacked character :( 

Given up waiting on the Karoq, ordered a Volvo XC40 First Edition yesterday. £8k more than the Karoq but worth it, stunning looks & way more luxurious interior, including a digital cluster. Volvo dealer gave me a trade in on my Superb L&K £1.5k higher than Skoda or VW were offering. Delivery expected mid June...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rifleman said:

Given up waiting on the Karoq, ordered a Volvo XC40 First Edition yesterday. £8k more than the Karoq but worth it, stunning looks & way more luxurious interior, including a digital cluster. Volvo dealer gave me a trade in on my Superb L&K £1.5k higher than Skoda or VW were offering. Delivery expected mid June...

Very nice.  I think Volvo are making the nicest interiors around at the moment.  Genuinely look and feel like quality, minimalist styling too.  No need to acres of faux carbon and brushed alloy.   The exteriors are also understated, class and should age well.  Enjoy!  

Edited by penguin17

• 5 months later...

Interesting comment from your dealer.  There is a document in the MY19 thread which claims to list all the changes.  My salesman read out the parts that relate to my order which gives it some credence.  It mentions the digital cluster.

Apologies, I would add a link but the normal method doesn't seem to work for me.  I need to find out how to do it.

Edited by Teds
Apology for missing link