Climate Control 'Air Care'

silver1011

When looking at Kodiaq's online I've noticed the 'Air Care' logo on the Climate Control panel seems to vary.

It doesn't appear that one is later than the other either, I've seen newer and older cars with both logo's, unless of course the cars have been sat and registered later / earlier.

Is it jut the logo that's changed or is there a difference in specification?

1)...

media.jpg.eaa9f7bbe28ced4b1b640fa21f2635c5.jpg

2)...

5a917114771f5_media(1).jpg.3845b8221b5b776c896632d5c54891f9.jpg

But as far as I can tell (only by looking at pictures of cars for sale), all Kodiaq's get the 'Air Care' logo on the Climate Control panel.

Its just that for MY18 they changed the logo, I was curious if was just the logo that has changed (looks a bit more fancy rather that AIR CARE simply written in capital letters) or whether the new logo signals a new feature / system improvement / upgrade etc?

Nah. When I drove the initial batches of Kodiaqs they didn't have them. The first updated cars - with the availability of the 9.2" Columbus infotainment system had the AIR CARE logo on top of the dial. The updated MY18.5 models have the new logo. I believe @andyvee 's first Kodiaq had the old logo while his new one has the new logo. People with the 8" Columbus infotainment system won't have them.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Another spot today.

It appears that with the change in the Air Care logo, the dials changed too. I'm guessing that this was a MY17 to MY18 change...

MY17 perhaps?

2069098908_media(1).jpg.c6527cde697bdce830818b3e0313820f.jpg

MY18?

media.jpg.9c096f99ec839184056314dff5005117.jpg

These images are both UK-spec Scout models, the second car benefiting from the colour multi-function computer.

I've looked at lots of Kodiaq pictures but only just noticed this change. 

I wonder where this filter is, and if it has a service life?

"It uses an air quality sensor with an active biogenic filter that is even more effective than conventional pollen filters. The active biogenic filter also prevents fungal spores and minute allergens from entering the car."

Or has the regular pollen filter been upgraded?

It's location on the Kodiaq is behind the glovebox...

IMG_0416.thumb.JPG.cea7d2b1936de9ca2fd99bbf99d3b008.JPG.595d4ff3ddd8786db4883085336c9511.JPG

Edited by silver1011

10 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I wonder where this filter is, and if it has a service life?

"It uses an air quality sensor with an active biogenic filter that is even more effective than conventional pollen filters. The active biogenic filter also prevents fungal spores and minute allergens from entering the car."

Usual pollen filter position which I think is behind glove box in case of superb.

Its just another "biofunctional" layer on top of a carbon impregnated filter, and a couple of quid more expensive (before dealer mark up). Usual 2yr/20,000 mile service interval, which IMO not necessary for many people outside of London, but is a nice money earner for dealers.

£9.24 -12% this month

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Another spot today.

It appears that with the change in the Air Care logo, the dials changed too. I'm guessing that this was a MY17 to MY18 change...

MY17 perhaps?

2069098908_media(1).jpg.c6527cde697bdce830818b3e0313820f.jpg

MY18?

media.jpg.9c096f99ec839184056314dff5005117.jpg

These images are both UK-spec Scout models, the second car benefiting from the colour multi-function computer.

I've looked at lots of Kodiaq pictures but only just noticed this change. 

I was under the impression that the silvered dial ring as in the lower picture was only in the Sportsline and the Edition models, both Kodiaq and Karoq. My April registered SEL has the first type, with the 30, 50,70 increments which I much prefer. Maybe if you spec coloured maxidot you get different dials.

Edited by Kenny R