Parking brake

Janner74

I've just read the owners manual and it says the parking break deactivates when the engine is started. Is this correct? Does it mean you need to depress the clutch and brake pedals while starting the engine? Also, does the auto brake hold hold the car on a hill? If so, how long for?

It says that it releases when starting, which means when you start driving, not on starting the engine. You do need to depress the clutch when starting the engine.

The auto hold function works anywhere, including on a hill, but I don't think there's a time limit on it. It's really useful, and I'm not sure why you have the option to turn it off, can't think of any situation when you wouldn't want it.

On 25/2/2018 at 08:03, bone_tone said:

It says that it releases when starting, which means when you start driving, not on starting the engine. You do need to depress the clutch when starting the engine.

The auto hold function works anywhere, including on a hill, but I don't think there's a time limit on it. It's really useful, and I'm not sure why you have the option to turn it off, can't think of any situation when you wouldn't want it.

Maybe in a parking move in a hill, you prefer to let the car go down the hill instead giving gas to make the autohold going off.

Sorry for my English from the north of Spain :D

On 25/02/2018 at 07:03, bone_tone said:

On cold, wet, icy nights (or days), or when leaving car parked for a few days, I turn off my auto handbrake to avoid the pads sticking to the discs. Just leave car in Park or in gear as long as parked on a flat spot.

• 2 weeks later...