2017 VRS headlamp washer not working

It will be a frozen pipe, they work off water pressure not motors in each one so the pipe going to it will probably be froze up stopping it working. Only 1 on my fabia works in this weather (passenger side closest to washer bottle)

11 minutes ago, JWvrs25 said:

It will be a frozen pipe, they work off water pressure not motors in each one so the pipe going to it will probably be froze up stopping it working. Only 1 on my fabia works in this weather (passenger side closest to washer bottle)

Ok, I hope this is the case but how do people get on in countries where it’s much colder than this for months of the year?

Mine packed up on my 2016 last night. Chanced a windscreen wash and they stuck out, put some luke warm water on them and they went most of the way in. A few more bottles of water got them in but only the drivers side would work after that. Checked after coming home from work it was 1 degree C, both worked fine. Dont panic just yet. If theres a problem like a split hose or cracked actuator your windscreen wash will empty. 

3 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Mine packed up on my 2016 last night. Chanced a windscreen wash and they stuck out, put some luke warm water on them and they went most of the way in. A few more bottles of water got them in but only the drivers side would work after that. Checked after coming home from work it was 1 degree C, both worked fine. Dont panic just yet. If theres a problem like a split hose or cracked actuator your windscreen wash will empty. 

Thanks, I’ll maybe try sticking some warm water through them 

It would appear it’s definitely broken. Started the car up this morning, the passenger side one works straight away. The drivers side one does nothing. Tried pouring warm water on it and no joy.

if I manually pull the drivers side unit out and let it retract, it doesn’t retract all the way in either.

Bit disappointing on a car that’s done 4000 Miles. How will it cope with my drive to the alps next week if it can’t handle a bit of Yorkshire snow.

could it be a fuse?

If you manually pull the headlamp jet and get someone to pull the washers with lights on does any water come out at all?

i dont think there is a fuse for the bumper jets, just a fuse for the washer pump itself

Edited by ScoutCJB

7 hours ago, thomas5265 said:

Nope - no water comes out. 

Car has winter pack, not sure if that heats the headlamp washers too or just the windscreen ones?

Heated washer won't help if the pipework running to that jet/washer is frozen.

Sounds like you need stronger anti freeze in the washers in future. 

Hopefully a thaw will fix it  we have a mild spell down south now so hopefully you will get that soon as well.

• Like 1

Use full  / stronger strength winter washer fluid.  But in my limited experience, the alpine roads are dry and cold,  hence washers are not used so much. 

5 minutes ago, gregoir said:

Use full  / stronger strength winter washer fluid.

+1

I never buy ready diluted washer fluid, that way I can adjust the concentration with the season.