Door fails to lock

Hello Guys, 

I am facing a problem with my Skoda, the rear driver's side door fails to lock. Also the car used make a characteristic sound when locked and the lights would flash which isn't happening now and also the window stopped working too. This had happened before but I didn't pay attention as it would work properly eventually, until now.... I took the car to Skoda and after charging me £60 for an "inspection" they said that they would need £562 to fix it. Which I find a bit crazy I have to say. Is there someone out there that can help me pls ??? I really like the car and I wouldn't want to sell it because of that! 

Without knowing specifics about your vehicle I can only suggest you lubricate the door latching mechanism and inspect the door wiring inside the rubber trunking at the hinges.

If it is a face-lift model the you can lock the car easily. Open the door and remove the top rubber grommet on the door edge. Look inside the hole and you will see a little flap. Push this in using the key, screwdriver or similar and then close the door. It will then be locked from the outside and can be opened from the inside.

At least you can secure the car this way until the fault is found. You will need to do this temporary procedure every time you want to lock it.

Pictures and details are in the handbook.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2018 at 06:55, MicMac said:

Without knowing specifics about your vehicle I can only suggest you lubricate the door latching mechanism and inspect the door wiring inside the rubber trunking at the hinges.

Thank you for you time and answering my question. I have tried what you said and also checked the wiring on the door but unfortunately I couldn't see anything. Everything looks like the way it should be.