gearbox warning light

I can only suggest that you get it scanned with VCDS and see what faults it has recorded.

I have never heard of that light iluminating on a manual car, but I could be proved wrong.

Well not to worry on that.

Has that person had the car near a Main Dealers in the last 18 months or so and had 'The Fix' carried out by any chance?

If they have had it then they have 24 months of the Trust Building Measures Warranty from the time it was done, 

so they can just use that to have Skoda UK pay for a diagnostic on why any warning light is showing, especially a Auto Box fault / overheating one on a Manual car.

?

It was Cogs was it?

It was not the Brake / Parking Brake warning was it, 

Brake Shoes with an Exclamation Mark, 

ynLjiyD.jpg.c714b7ab9c65db372847af99168a3fe8.jpg

59c13e6c03243_photo(2).JPG.5953ac2c124b9b1f7f86855e1bde26f1.JPG

Edited by AwaoffSki

3 hours ago, m collinson said:

Car is an elderly neighbours but is not showing this lamp any more; going to a awkward ti find, I reckon.

Have you actually been driving the car when the light came on or is your neighbour telling you what happens?

My wife's 2002 1.4 16V Polo used to throw out "bank 2" timing problems but only in winter, hint, "bank 2" is the second bank of a V configuration engine, 1.4 16V is a straight 4 configuration!  A guy at work - his 2006 Passat used to throw out error in the electric rear seat adjustment - that car never had any fancy electric rear seat adjustment.

A lot of that is down to basically incorrect/untested/untried during preproduction phase nonsense from VW Group, ie to be expected.

• Like 1