Any one got there Karoq edition yet

George1468

Yes I have mine - and Chris' comment is right, there is a button by the driver that you can open the back with. You can also, as my wife prefers it seems, open and close it using the button on the key fob.

1 hour ago, George1468 said:

Thanks as on my superb you can open but not close How well does the phone box work wireless charging ?

Works fine with my Samsung galaxy S7 edge.

• 5 weeks later...

I order Karoq Edition 1.5 with DSG, spec stated it comes with Wireless charging & Phone box. Had call from dealer on 12/04/18 to say that Skoda had removed both of these facilities. Does anybody know why? Has anybody had a problem with either of these facilities?

7 minutes ago, Petroldsg said:

I order Karoq Edition 1.5 with DSG, spec stated it comes with Wireless charging & Phone box. Had call from dealer on 12/04/18 to say that Skoda had removed both of these facilities. Does anybody know why? Has anybody had a problem with either of these facilities?

Looks like something similar happening with Kodiaqs as well: 

I had the same notification. My dealer told me it was because of overheating. He didn't specify whether it was the pad or the phone. Anyway, it looks as if they can't fix it, so they're removing the function. It doesn't really bother me. I charge my phone about once a month.

Best.

If there is an overheating problem, I “ assume” that Skoda are contacting all owners of vehicles with a Phone Box. To advise them not to use this facility / go to. Skoda dealer to have it disabled! Will they get compensation?

16 minutes ago, Meh-Te-Now said:

I had the same notification. My dealer told me it was because of overheating. He didn't specify whether it was the pad or the phone. Anyway, it looks as if they can't fix it, so they're removing the function. It doesn't really bother me. I charge my phone about once a month.

Best.

I've not been notified as yet, but if wireless charging + phone box are going to be absent, they'll need to reimburse us all the £550 + extra for the inconvenience!

6 hours ago, anna_banana said:

I've not been notified as yet, but if wireless charging + phone box are going to be absent, they'll need to reimburse us all the £550 + extra for the inconvenience!

Oh dear. Really not happy with the process of getting the car as it is without bits then being taken away. 

we use it for our phones in car regularly, love it, would hate to see it go

I did think that at some that if it's hot in car and you close lid then it may have overheating issue.

Surely it would be common sense to leave the lid open whilst the phone is charging on the mat? Mobile phones get warm to varying degrees just charging normally on a worktop etc. I hope this is the only reason for deleting the charging facility as loads of other manufacturers fit them now albeit not usually covered.

ŠKODA might do a recall which entails getting an apprentice to drill loads of small holes in the lid.....?

• Haha 1

I’ve heard that it’s down to people dumping change, keys etc in the same area as the phone. The charger then overheats and blows a fuse.

25 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

I’ve heard that it’s down to people dumping change, keys etc in the same area as the phone. The charger then overheats and blows a fuse.

That makes sense of it, must remind SHMBO to be careful, when I get the car that is.

Putting a mobile phone that is not wireless chargeable in the phone box would also cause overheating. Simple answer put warning in handbook & label in phone box. What about making the wireless charging function configurable via the menu system?

I asked my complaints manager today at Skoda U.K. if the charger was no longer available now,  the reply was it was no longer available in any VAG Vehicles but they (Skoda) haven’t been told why. I did say I heard about it overheating with people putting keys or coins in there. We also mentioned none chargeable phones going in too and this was damaging the phones. But they did say again they haven’t been told why. 

Edited by Karman

35 minutes ago, Karman said:

I asked my complaints manager today at Skoda U.K. if the charger was no longer available now,  the reply was it was no longer available in any VAG Vehicles but they (Skoda) haven’t been told why. I did say I heard about it overheating with people putting keys or coins in there. We also mentioned none chargeable phones going in too and this was damaging the phones. But they did say again they haven’t been told why. 

So I'm assuming that my car (currently being built) won't have a wireless charger/phone box - yet I've not been informed by my dealer! This is something I particularly wanted, so not impressed if I'm being expected to pay for something that now won't be there!

Where does this leave us as consumers? If I remember rightly, it would cost £550 to add this onto a lower spec car.

I think it’s being left with the dealers having to arrive at a settlement with the customer. Not the best situation and you’d have thought VW wouldn’t want any more bad publicity after their last saga.

Edited by Jfhuk