Any one got there Karoq edition yet

George1468

I'm sure if they have remove a facility that was originally fitted as a sales feature of the vehicle prior to purchase, they will have to refund the owner for the removed option and possible offer us some form of additional compensation, if they cannot provide a reasonable timescale to the rectification of the fault.. still awaiting the delivery of my Edition... in the next 2 weeks

• Like 1

Well mine sure as hell won't be going back to get butchered just to satisfy some EU regulations. My charger is never used in any case as I have a iPhone 7, not 8. If the signal amplifier is buried somewhere deep inside I'm sure the dealers won't be all that fussed how they extract it!

11 hours ago, westie38 said:

Well mine sure as hell won't be going back to get butchered just to satisfy some EU regulations. My charger is never used in any case as I have a iPhone 7, not 8. If the signal amplifier is buried somewhere deep inside I'm sure the dealers won't be all that fussed how they extract it!

I can't believe it was EU regulations that stopped it, the car is made in Europe. I reckon it's UK OFCOM rules that blocked it, maybe the amplifier isnt OFCOM approved i.e. It boosts the aerial signal too much, but i wouldnt worry next time your car is in for a service they remove it by stealth

11 hours ago, westie38 said:

Although of course if the feature wasn't chosen as an option but was just part of the purchased spec, what value do you put on that part of the spec?

Guys one thing that has crossed my mind and needs clarification from Skoda is is the same fix being carried out on all cars. What worries as someone who was due to collect new car on Friday is will we have cars that are tainted as known as having the dodgy phone box fix. 

I am sure down the line Skoda will fix for cars in production. But what about guys whose cars are built. Will the "fix" cause other issues even if just rattles this problem could give our particular cars a bad name. Effecting future values.

Maybe I am being a bit OTT, but when spending over £30k I need to be sure I am not making a mistake in accepting the car. It is particularly hard as I am finding a total lack of information from official sources.

Hopefully things will become clearer om Monday

From what I have read I think that a modified car may be slightly better than a new build car.

My understanding is that new build has the phone box removed and a plastic shelf in its place, whereas the modification removed the signal booster but keeps wireless charging.

Assuming it is just unplugging the signal booster it shouldn't cause any rattles.

2 hours ago, nicks500 said:

I can't believe it was EU regulations that stopped it, the car is made in Europe. 

That's why we need to LEAVE the EU ASAP.  :angry:

• Like 1

Not in this threat at least :kiss:

In any case, I've decided not to use the wireless charging box as I keep leaving my phone in it................ DOH!!!!!

Edited by Macdemon

1 hour ago, Macdemon said:

That's why we need to LEAVE the EU ASAP.  :angry:

OMG really, do you know anything about telecommunication legislation in the UK? We set our laws, not them damned pesky foreigners who keep poking their noses in. By the way once we have left the EU our beloved Skodas just might cost a little bit more

44 minutes ago, nicks500 said:

OMG really, do you know anything about telecommunication legislation in the UK? We set our laws, not them damned pesky foreigners who keep poking their noses in. By the way once we have left the EU our beloved Skodas just might cost a little bit more

We set our own rules but also comply with EU. That's why these boosters seem to be legal in the EU but not in the UK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicks500 said:

Which will be offset by being cheaper to import.