My turn to say goodbye...

11 hours ago, EddGee said:

Absolute nonsense. 

They have to be driven totally different to 4x4 cars. Feeding power in gradually getting grip rather than planting it. 

Theres lots of 2WD cars out there that can achieve sub 5 second 0-60’s. 

That is the problem.

You have to carefully apply the throttle until you pick up speed. And you will probably manage to do it successfully 1 in x times.

And you can forget about that when the road is damp already.

4 hours ago, penguin17 said:

SEAT CH backed warranty on tuning from ABT.  Nice!  

Almost £42k for a Leon though :o

EDIT:  That should clock 0-60mph in ~3.9 seconds !

So is that a Cupra Leon Cupra ST 370?

35 minutes ago, EddGee said:

I'd rather have a nice spec S3 for that sort of dough. 

Don't forget we're talking Swiss prices and they don't bear any resemblance to real world prices!

Edited by john999boy
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, john999boy said:

Don't forget we're talking Swiss prices and they don't bear any resemblance to real world prices!

similar S3 prices up at 65' CHF.... so a good 20% more. Like the colour... and I'll bet you'll see an awful lot of them on the A5, A7 and A9.... 

- Bret

Seriously, though, you do understand it is possible to just get an APR tune for 1k€ over the car price and get nearly the same performance, right?

I am not doing it cause I love my warranty and so far the power seems enough for me, but it is possible.

... BTW, we are talking USABLE power in here with the 4WD.

I can launch the car on the snow without studs and am pretty sure (without measuring) it is sub 6s.

Do that with your FWD Seats ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Petunet said:

I think we may have to test our cars side by side some day...

With this much snow it is more of a traction test than a power test though.

"Top Gear Finland" video style :) :) :)

Dunno, you might have more torque than me, specially after all you did to your car.

bring them on up north next winter, we'll have a selection of surfaces to play with and controlled conditions. Biltema's car park won't cut it, I think :)

- Bret

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brettikivi said:

bring them on up north next winter, we'll have a selection of surfaces to play with and controlled conditions. Biltema's car park won't cut it, I think :)

- Bret

Beware... I am crazy enough to take on the offer ;)

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 20:34, EddGee said:

Interesting that I’m the other way around. I traded my Cupra 280ST and now am picking up 245 estate tomorrow. 

I loved the Cupra and had two years of trouble free motoring and some great family holidays in it. 

The performance was fantastic and I know the 245 will struggle to be on par with it. However what I didn’t like with the SEAT was the cheaper grade plastics and overall build quality compared to Skoda. 

Skoda have really progressed over the last few years and now are equally as good if not better than equivalent VW offerings. 

Enjoy your new motor and have fun, especially good in Cupra mode. ;)

Heres my new one. 

D9C5CA38-BB79-4CD5-B1AA-C933769E5D6D.jpeg

Welcome to the 245 club Ed. At least the VAQ diff helps me deploy the 302bhp I now have. 3RD gear is now very amusing.

On 21/03/2018 at 16:18, shyVRS245 said:

Welcome to the 245 club Ed. At least the VAQ diff helps me deploy the 302bhp I now have. 3RD gear is now very amusing.

You do like banging on about that number don’t you haha

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, john999boy said:

@Jaco2k I see on 'another forum' that you're not too impressed with the single candle power reversing lamp! 

It is indeed horrid - equivalent to lighting a match behind the car before backing up :)

9 minutes ago, stepdavi said:

I bet 302 bhp in 1st and 2nd gear isn't amusing in fwd car.

That's why I don't boot it in 1st and 2nd gear, but use the 467NM or torque instead. Got 44.0MPG going to work today and even let a 600BHP Bentley Continental GT overtake me because he could afford to get 15MPG probably all the time and I like to get at least 430 miles from my 50 litres of Shell V-Power at £1.30 per litre, other cheaper, inferior fuels are available!

• Haha 2

stepdavi,

Like most other cars max hp and max torque are not likely to be achieved or being used in 1st or 2nd gear, and if it was in the UK unlikely to be very often 

on public roads, plenty use of in pub and social media banter.

PS

99 ron Super unleaded at less cost like 10 pence less a litre is available at Tesco & Costco and not inferior as the same minimum Octane 

as the Royal Dutch Shell product in the UK. Detergent packages secrets and advertising costs included.

102 ron fuel available in the UK if someone wants to pay a bit more than 130 pence a litre for the sooperdooper V-Power Nitro+

Edited by AwaoffSki

Well I feel schooled. One guy who has 302 bhp and 467nm yet does economy runs and awaoffski I completely understand and take your point on the 1 and 2 gear peak bhp/torque. However it's pretty Likey that if you have got over 300 bhp from a fwd thats 230/245 std car even though your will not use peak power in first , 2 or even 3 gears you will get more than std n the lower gears I'm sure you would agree. Hence my comment saying about the lack of ammusment.

Edited by stepdavi

6 minutes ago, stepdavi said:

Well I feel schooled. One guy who brags about 302 bhp and 467nm torque yet quotes bhp and awaoffski I completely understand and take your point on the 1 and 2 gear peak bhp/torque. However it's pretty Likey that if you have got over 300 bhp from a fwd thats 230/245 std car even though your will not use peak power in first , 2 or even 3 gears you will get more than std n the lower gears I'm sure you would agree. Hence my comment saying about the lack of ammusment.

Final comment on comparison between standard VRS245 at 2000rpm on the rolling road my car produced 110BHP, not very exciting number is it? However after  the re-map at the same 2000revs the engine now produces 126BHP which is more usable for normal road conditions experienced by all of us on a daily basis.

• Haha 1