High Idle after service, EML on

Hi,

Just had a service yesterday (At Marshall Skoda Croydon) and the car ran fine for 6 miles but idled high 1000 to 1200 rpm. Parked the car and returned  after 30min to use the car the amber EML is on, car still idles high. I've spoken to the Skoda this morning, they sad the earliest they can look at it is tomorrow. Major service included park plugs.

So could it be loose connectors for the coil pack?

What should I ask them to check over?

I want to arm myself with questions.

Thanks in advance.

I don't plan to tell them but when I ask them what it could be, I want to be well informed and not just told a load of rubbish. So I can then gauge whether to use them in future.

Thanks

Get them to collect it, or go in.  *Or they can pay Skoda Assist to send out the RAC in 1 hour.*  They need to pay for errors.

Likely a breather pipe not fitted correctly, 

or Turbo Pipe 'O' Ring not sealed.

Their error,

Friday they need to fix the Technicians mistake.  Car is in Limp Mode, and you should be able to use it today.

EDIT, 

PS.    I will not bump them now, but i can find at least 10 threads in the past 7 years where this happens after a Main Dealer Service.

& those are 10 threads with many members here having had this happen.

?

What spark plugs have they fitted, get the part number please from the invoice.

Edited by AwaoffSki

There's a good chance it's the pipe that goes under the air intake, it seems to be a common thing with skoda as I've had it happen twice on me both with that pipe. 

If you look directly over your spark plugs  there's a hex bolt that's holding a few pipes down, the pipe that goes towards the windscreen goes under the air intake.

i have a picture somewhere I'll try dig it out.

• Like 1

They told me they cannot do it today. I'm not going anywhere with the car today so not a big issue in this case. Still poor service in general in my opinion.

I know this has happened to others as I have read about them but forgot what the detail were.  Also this is to log on the forum for other to fin d in future.

No part number on the invoice just a "maintenance list" with the box ticked. 

Thanks for the reply.

Here you are.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/441716-intake-air-system-leak 

They are taking the Pith.

They can pay to have a competent technician fix their mistake.  They can arrange one to visit you.

or,  Charge them for your fuel and hourly rate, same as theirs £85 plus VAT.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/441789-yellow-engine-management-light 

Get the 'Dealer Principal'  not the Parts Desk person or workshop manager to give you the Spark Plug part number and tell you the Spark Plug Gap that their Technician checked that the pre set gap was still at.

These people do this job as a profession, it is a joke with Twincharger servicing.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Thanks for the reply guys. Awayoffski thanks for the links, I've read those two threads before. I've gone unchecked the pipe but cannot feel any loose ones. I can hear a hissing sound but still cannot locate where it is coming from. I'll ask the about the spark plug tomorrow.

• Like 1

At least The Manager, Directors & Staff at

MARSHALL SKODA CROYDON are getting some publicity on their standard of Customer Service when they mess up.

All publicity being good.  Or maybe not...

Well people who read this can make their own minds up on this issue.

I did use them last time for the minor service with no issues. Though that did not invoice spark plugs change.

I'll post updates.

• Like 1

Update, they broke a pipe and have ordered a new one and will be fitting it on Thursday. It should only take 30mins.

@ Awayoffski, spark plugs used K03C905601B. Can you tell me any information about these?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed2016. 

They are the plugs that were changed to from the ones that ended in A before.  & used since. Main Dealers use anyway.

03C905601B / NGK SIZFR6B8EG (96209)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/315802-vrs-engine-idle/?page=3 

bottom post.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Yes there was a hissing sound I could hear when the bonnet was lifted. It did get worse as I put more miles on over the days, I did about 150miles. Marshall Skoda have now fitted the new pipe at no cost to me and there is no noise or no EML or high/rough idle. It is a waste of my time as I could hear the noise so I would have though a mechanic would have noticed too. I've only driven it 6miles but will drive it in the evening and see. Hopefully that solved the issue. 

Info for others who might find this useful in future. The EML did not come on when I drove the car away for 6miles/20mins. Only when started it and drove it the second time did it come on, but the hissing I'm sure most people could hear if you are familiar with the sounds from your engine bay.

• Like 1