Aux input problems

Hi all,

I just bought an octavia MK2 Ambiente 1.9. Loving the car so far, just having a problem getting my aux input to work, hope you can help!

Now I'm probably making some sort of basic error, so go easy on me please!

I've got the basic stream stereo with an iPod style aux lead in the glove box and am trying to connect my android phone. I've bought a generic 3.5m jack to female iPod cable and plugged everything in. Turned on the aux in the stream menu. Nothing plays through the speakers if I switch to aux on the stereo. But if I select the cd player, the music plays through CDs 5 and 6, but weirdly - like half of the sound is missing. Normally vocals or a lot of the treble. 

I'm guessing I've just gone about connecting it wrong - perhaps the cable I bought isn't right? Or does this sound like a technical problem with the stereo?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you have a Connects2 box, not MDI (I don't think Stream/MP3 actually aupported MDI at all)

The official place for the 3.5mm Aux input is in the arm-rest, however not all cars came with that. Retro-fitting an Aux connector/3.5mm cable is fairly easy. Pin assignments are usually labeled on top of the headunit. If you do retro-fit, whilst you have the unit out, you could consider running some power to charge the phone whilst it's playing (so no nasty surprises with the battery ;) )