How did you source your Karoq?

ethereum

Also this is my first new car!!! Wondering while collecting the car, what are things I need to be watchful? I need to check if it has all the extras I am paying for obviously... other than that are there anything in particular I should watch out? Also could I take the Car Cosmetic repair insurance/alloy wheel repair insurance/GAP insurance outside the dealer as am not overly pleased with the service of my dealer so far. Any suggestions on that please?

don't feel obliged to take any dealer "extras" you don't want, especially at the price they want to charge

There are plenty other places to get all those different types of additional insurance from, some of them might even be included in your actual car insurance when the car is less than a year old, so check your Ts & Cs

13 minutes ago, Wet Kipper said:

don't feel obliged to take any dealer "extras" you don't want, especially at the price they want to charge

There are plenty other places to get all those different types of additional insurance from, some of them might even be included in your actual car insurance when the car is less than a year old, so check your Ts & Cs

Ok thanks Wet Kipper. I had agreed for a protection pack while I placed the order with the dealer. They may say we cannot backout now as they would have already done a few like Autoglym lifeshine etc.

2 hours ago, Eagerforupdate said:

Thanks Panther_UK and The Roq. Paying off within few days, would that affect the dealer's commission? My dealer said you can try doing that after making atleast 2 payments!!

It might do but who cares.

Pay it off in the 14 day cooling off period and save yourself the interest.

Interest on £25000 is over £4 every day

Edited by TheRoq

16 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

OMG £4 a day!!!! Just concerned about ****ing the dealer off as I may need to go to him for Service and again taking the protection plan with him which I signed up when I placed the order. I am reconsidering if I could now back out on the protection plan as his service has been awful from order till date! I don't want to do anything until my collection to hinder it...

The two year servicing that Skoda offers for PCP .. should that only be done with the skoda dealer I bought the car from ??? Sorry about naïve questions, first time new car buyer!!!

The servicing goes with the car so you can take it where you like.

Any Skoda dealer will welcome you in for the servicing, its a nice earner for them.

When you book the first service you'll deal with the service desk, not the salesman that sold you the car.
Unless you're buying something I doubt you'll see him again.

1 hour ago, TheRoq said:

The servicing goes with the car so you can take it where you like.

Any Skoda dealer will welcome you in for the servicing, its a nice earner for them.

When you book the first service you'll deal with the service desk, not the salesman that sold you the car.
Unless you're buying something I doubt you'll see him again.

OK, I thought I could only service it with the dealer I bought the car from! Still learning, thanks for all the info you have provided. Have you collected your car? Anything I need to check in particular when I collect the car?

Don't know when I'm getting my car, its was still in Germany last Thursday.
My Qashqai was built and delivered in 5 weeks. It took Skoda longer than that to fit the back seats!

Just have a good look around the car inside and out when you collect it.
Its a brand new car so should be immaculate.
Make sure you get a proper run through of all the controls and you're happy how everything works.
Any good dealer will make sure all this is done.

Not sure about the protection packs, I've never had them on new cars. Always seem horrendously expensive to me.

3 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Don't know when I'm getting my car, its was still in Germany last Thursday.
My Qashqai was built and delivered in 5 weeks. It took Skoda longer than that to fit the back seats!

Just have a good look around the car inside and out when you collect it.
Its a brand new car so should be immaculate.
Make sure you get a proper run through of all the controls and you're happy how everything works.
Any good dealer will make sure all this is done.

Not sure about the protection packs, I've never had them on new cars. Always seem horrendously expensive to me.

Mine was stuck due to back seat issue as well, it has now arrived at the dealers. Once my back seat was fitted, it took three days to get to the port and then spent a week in the port.

Thanks, will check them out. THey are expensive, but in my case I would be parking it offstreet hence considering to take one.

4 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Hey Roq, say if my car OTR is 28K and I am paying a deposit of 4K and Skoda contribution is 1.5K. In this case the Balance from the Finance company would be 22.5K. I take it, this 22.5K would be including the huge interest. If I decide to pay off the entire money within the cooling period I should not pay 22.5K instead 22.5 less the interest right? How can I find out how much will I have to pay if I decide to pay this off immediately. When I asked this question to my dealer, he has no clue!!!!

£22.5k is the cost of the car. The interest on that at 6.2% APR is £1395 a year, so £3.82 a day.
If you phone VW finance they'll ask you for the £22.5k plus however many days interest you leave it.

T

On 23/04/2018 at 23:38, TheRoq said:

£22.5k is the cost of the car. The interest on that at 6.2% APR is £1395 a year, so £3.82 a day.
If you phone VW finance they'll ask you for the £22.5k plus however many days interest you leave it.

Thanks for all your replies, collected the car finally. Looks n feels good. How many miles is acceptable for a new car? The dealer says it is normal for it to have 15 miles as theyeouldve done testing!

Most new cars have been driven out the factory. Onto a trailer, then onto a ferry, unloaded and driven into a compound, back onto a trailer and then shifted around the dealer. 15 is acceptable. 

Mine had nearly 100 as the dealer brought it to me...

8 minutes ago, Steve335 said:

Most new cars have been driven out the factory. Onto a trailer, then onto a ferry, unloaded and driven into a compound, back onto a trailer and then shifted around the dealer. 15 is acceptable. 

Mine had nearly 100 as the dealer brought it to me...

Mine did after as i bought it from a dealer 100 miles away..was good to drive home to get used to it 

21 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Mine had 14 on it. I think the lowest I’ve ever had on a new car was 7.

Wife's Karoq had 7 miles on the clock on 26/01/2018 but now it has 2,980 miles and is costing £28 per week over first 3 months. Manual 1.5tsi SEL.

image.jpg

30 minutes ago, TumnusCat said:

Right... I picked up my Kodiaq yesterday.

0.2 miles on the clock!

Are you looking at the trip computer?

I cant see how 0.2 miles is possible.

They test drive it at the factory, move it around for the boat and transporter and then your dealer should road test it as part of the PDI.

1 hour ago, TheRoq said:

Are you looking at the trip computer?

I cant see how 0.2 miles is possible.

They test drive it at the factory, move it around for the boat and transporter and then your dealer should road test it as part of the PDI.

Hmm good point. I'll check. Might have been 2 miles or is that still rather low?