1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

On 09/02/2019 at 15:54, rayx said:

That all is only about WLTP, RDE and NOx ...

Hard to say if any engine ECU software update solving this jerkiness can be released within the homologation it got,

Karoq itself has now 3 versions of ECU, latest avalable ECU updates for DADA engine for Skoda brand are mentioned below

Kar ECU
05E906018P    DS9+G0K, G1C+TJ7+7MV
05E906018R    DS9+G0K, G1C+TJ7+7CP from 30.7.2018
05E906018S    DS9+G1D+TJ7+7CP from 26.11.2018

PR-code

TJ7    GMO     (4-cylinder SI engine 1.5 l unit 05E.A)
DS9    MOT     (4-cylinder SI engine 1.5 l/110 kW TSI MV base engine is TJ7)
G0K    GSP      (6-speed manual transmission)
G1C    GSP      (7-speed automatic transmission)
G1D    GSP      (7-speed automatic transmission for four-wheel drive)
7MV    AGM     (Emission standard EU6 ZD/E/F)
7CP     AGM     (Emission standard EU6 AG/H/I)
7CS     AGM      (Emission standard EU6 BG/H/I)

Flashdaten_Skoda_20190129
05E906018A_5471   DADA OIII
05E906018A_6019   DADA OIII
05E906018AF_7176   DADA Kod
05E906018P_5472  DADA Kar
05E906018P_6020  DADA Kar

just as reference

Kod ECU
05E906018AF    DS9+G0K, G1C+TJ7+7CP

SupIII ECU
05E906018C    DS9+G0K+TJ7+7CP

OIII ECU
05E906018A     DS9,TJ7+G0K, G1C+7MV till 1.10.2018
05E906018BH     DS9+G0K, G1C+TJ7+7MV  from 1.10.2018
05E906018AL      DS9+G0K, G1C+TJ7+7CP, 7CS   from 30.7.2018

New updates available ask at your dealer about it, this might be the clue all waiting for :cool:

Flashdaten_Skoda_20190319
05E906018AF_7418   Kodiaq file from 21.3.2019
05E906018C_7420   Superb file from 21.3.2019
05E906018R_7421   Karoq file from 21.3.2019

@MrKonjic for Octavia unfortunately no new update available ...

Edited by rayx
  • Thanks 1

We need to hear from any Karoq owner this update will solve the problem or not.

Now I have big fight with my seller about my Octavia. On last visit they said that this jerks are normal. I was shocked...

Edited by kifir

13 minutes ago, Markyj said:

I got told today that a fix is imminent and it was called a hesitation :tongueout:

Got mine back yesterday after kessy fault AGAIN and was told by service manager only a very few vehicles affected but no date yet  for release of fix. 

1 hour ago, AMC150 said:

Got mine back yesterday after kessy fault AGAIN and was told by service manager only a very few vehicles affected but no date yet  for release of fix. 

I don’t think anybody knows anything, it’s ridiculous. 

Used the wife's Karoq this morning and just for fun decided to drive up our road slowly in 1st gear and the way the car was jumping forward felt like one of the injectors had a blockage so unsmooth was the feeling as the fuel seemed to be sprayed into the cylinders a bit at a time rather than sequentially. Was probably the most jerky it has been in the near 14 months we have had the pleasure of owning SKIPPY. Truly unbelievable.:angry: Now showing 13,823 miles and irony was the 56.1mpg indicated I achieved on my commute (silver lining).:D

17 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Used the wife's Karoq this morning and just for fun decided to drive up our road slowly in 1st gear and the way the car was jumping forward felt like one of the injectors had a blockage so unsmooth was the feeling as the fuel seemed to be sprayed into the cylinders a bit at a time rather than sequentially. Was probably the most jerky it has been in the near 14 months we have had the pleasure of owning SKIPPY. Truly unbelievable.:angry: Now showing 13,823 miles and irony was the 56.1mpg indicated I achieved on my commute (silver lining).:D

One of the differences over the 1.4 tsi CZEA is a higher injection pressure and the ability of the injectors to do up to 5 injections per stroke opposed to 3 on the 1.4tsi and as a result finer holes.

This reminds of the abysmal fiat 1.3tdi multijet we had in a Corsa which had low speed surging and power loss issues and led to stalling on a roundabout and being smashed up.

Maybe 5 micro injections at low speed spread out over the expansion stroke with a cold chamber is just asking too much for reliable ignition of the fuel.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, xman said:

One of the differences over the 1.4 tsi CZEA is a higher injection pressure and the ability of the injectors to do up to 5 injections per stroke opposed to 3 on the 1.4tsi and as a result finer holes.

This reminds of the abysmal fiat 1.3tdi multijet we had in a Corsa which had low speed surging and power loss issues and led to stalling on a roundabout and being smashed up.

Maybe 5 micro injections at low speed spread out over the expansion stroke with a cold chamber is just asking too much for reliable ignition of the fuel.

Agree totally xman the low speed surging is exactly as you describe and hopefully the fix will involve squirting more fuel into the cylinders when the engine is cold. If the Q2 fix doesn't solve then a trip to AmD in Essex and stage 1 remap should finally sort it. It's driving me literally round the bend with despair.:wall:

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake

48 minutes ago, xman said:

1.4 tsi CZEA

Is that meant to be 1.5 tsi CZEA..?

Interesting idea on the increased injections into the cold chamber. Would also point to why the fix is taking so long. They need to fix it without increasing the consumption and emissions (as @shyVRS245 says -  hopefully the fix will involve squirting more fuel into the cylinders) and thus a new WLTP result. If that changes, owners will start asking for compensation.

A fix for this may well be easy. The ramifications of a fix that changes results - not so much!    

3 hours ago, Markyj said:

I got told today that a fix is imminent and it was called a hesitation :tongueout:

Same here - imminent fix for the 'hesitation'. I asked if 'the hesitation' was the same 'characteristic' that caused it to lurch into the road and try to kill me. Apparently, it is. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheRobinK said:

Is that meant to be 1.5 tsi CZEA..?

1.4tsi 150ps ACT engine code CZEA

1.5tsi 150ps ACT pre WLTP engine code DADA

1.5tsi 150ps ACT post WLTP engine code ????

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

If the Q2 fix doesn't solve then a trip to AmD in Essex and stage 1 remap should finally sort it.

Thats if the 'update' is software only and not mechanical / hardware, or a combination of both.

Best of luck either way!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, xman said:

1.4tsi 150ps ACT engine code CZEA

1.5tsi 150ps ACT pre WLTP engine code DADA

1.5tsi 150ps ACT post WLTP engine code ????

No, 110kW version of 1.5TSI, transverse mount, is always DADA engine code, DACA is for 96kW with Miller cycle.

NEDC / WLTP coded in PR code, see list in my post above, here just short one

7MV    (Emission standard EU6 ZD/E/F) likely without OPF
7CP     (Emission standard EU6 AG/H/I) likely with OPF
7CS     (Emission standard EU6 BG/H/I) likely with OPF

1 hour ago, StEdmund said:

Same here - imminent fix for the 'hesitation'. I asked if 'the hesitation' was the same 'characteristic' that caused it to lurch into the road and try to kill me. Apparently, it is. 

If it’s ‘imminent’ then are they rushing a fix? How could the 1.4 be so good and the 1.5 so dangerous, I can’t trust the car again, even if I get it back I don’t want it back. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Markyj said:

If it’s ‘imminent’ then are they rushing a fix? How could the 1.4 be so good and the 1.5 so dangerous, I can’t trust the car again, even if I get it back I don’t want it back. 

Totally agree! Loved my 1.4tsi Octavia. 

This is a different animal. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this is an indication of a fix on the way but I watched a review of the new  VW T-cross and the reviewer said that at launch it will have the 1.0L engine and a diesel. The 1.5L engine will be available later in the year. Does this suggest that they are waiting to fix the fault before the offer the car with the engine? I can't see why they wouldn't put it in the car from launch when the engine is already available in other cars. Thoughts?

17 hours ago, rayx said:

IDE channels list

Admap 01.txt

Blockmap 01.txt

what is it talking about? Please explain to ordinary people :)

On 22/03/2019 at 14:10, rayx said:

New updates available ask at your dealer about it, this might be the clue all waiting for :cool:

Flashdaten_Skoda_20190319
05E906018AF_7418   Kodiaq file from 21.3.2019
05E906018C_7420   Superb file from 21.3.2019
05E906018R_7421   Karoq file from 21.3.2019

Really no one has updated their car?

I would fly like a bullet for an update, if I knew what they are for Octavia...