Downloading contacts from IPhone 5s

Tug

My car has the Swing radio ( a cut-down version of the Bolero )...  and it has synced fine with both an iPhone 5 and an SE (looks like a 5S externally but has the internals of a 6S) . 

On various iOS from 8 or 9 up to current 11.2. No problem with any OS.

There is a 2000 contact limit on the Swing - it can take a little while to sync up at switch-on. But no more than about a minute.

How it displays contacts depends  on how you’ve saved them in the phone ( e.g. how you’ve stored  people’s names in the First Name, Middle name, Last name fields on the phone and then the radio only gives options sorting by either 1st Name or Surname .

If you’ve a lot of gaps or spaces in one of those fields (on your phone) it might look “empty” for those entries. 

Go into Phone - Settings (the little cogs at the bottom right ) - User Profile and scroll down “Imp. Contacts”.

Should  see a number there like, 

0/2000 if no contacts imported. Or, for instance, 476/2000 - if 476 contacts imported.

The 2000 being the max possible contacts that the radio can import. 

Also - while you’re there - look at entries for “Prefix “ and “Sort by”.

On mine, “Prefix” is unchecked, and “Sort by “ is set to “1st name” 

Hope that’s even a little bit clear!! 

See what numbers you get on the “Import contacts” entry.

Edited by Dithane

Thank you for replying to me re my problem downloading contacts from my IPhone 5s. I spoke to my local Skoda dealer, and on following their advice the download was successful. 

• Like 1

I was told to delete my phone from the car system, and then let  it find it again. As soon as it found it, I immediately asked it to import my contacts which it did with no problem. 

It seemed to be the case that doing it within seconds of the in-car system recognising it solved the problem. Beforehand trying to reimport my contacts didn’t work, with a message saying “no contacts found.”

I hope this is useful. 

Tug

• Thanks 1