Insurance

Nicky_P

As our Karoq is due Easter weekend I thought I'd run it through an insurance comparison website.

My wife currently has a Nissan Juke costing £165 a year to insure, cheapest quote on the Karoq is just under 300.

Now I understand it's going to cost more than her current car as is value is a lot higher but it's more than we pay to insure our Golf R, this I can't understand.

Anyone else thinking the insurance is a little higher than they were expecting.

Ultimately it is what it is but yet again the insurance industry baffles me......

My insurance went down by a couple of pounds - I was moving from an Octavia Estate to the Karoq. My existing insurer did appear to be cheaper than the comparison sites (unusually!) so it'll be worth seeing what they say.

Got a quote on a Karoq similar to what I have ordered and it only works out A little bit cheaper than my Polo GTI. Bear in mind that I am 27, so that may have an affect on the insurance cost. 

I was expecting it to be quite a lot cheaper due to the insurance category is a lot lower. 

From what I understand the rates in the uk motor rates have been increasing slowly for a bit. There was a regulatory change to payouts (Ogden ruling?) which meant insurers were paying more, so had to react. Also I think there was a steady decline in that market over a period, so eventually they have to start making money back again somewhere. 

My knowledge is limited on that side (I work in insurance, but not motor) so don’t know if that’s helpful! 

8 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

As our Karoq is due Easter weekend I thought I'd run it through an insurance comparison website.

My wife currently has a Nissan Juke costing £165 a year to insure, cheapest quote on the Karoq is just under 300.

Now I understand it's going to cost more than her current car as is value is a lot higher but it's more than we pay to insure our Golf R, this I can't understand.

Ultimately it is what it is but yet again the insurance industry baffles me......

Try getting a quote off my Aviva £170.00 for my edition not a comparison site 

• Like 2

Tranferred my insurance from 9.00am tomorrow from my Octavia to the Karoq which cost a minimal amount (more of an admin charge), my insurance is due 14th April, had my renewal notice through yesterday and the Karoq is £80 cheaper than what I paid last year on the Octavia so pretty happy with that, seeing as they are both the same power output (150bhp) and similar value when new.

Tried to swap my insurance over from my 66 plate Kia niro to my 1.5 karoq dsg similar price when new and was told they couldn't insure new car and cancelled my insurance

with no explanation had to move to another firm and got it cheaper than the one I was iwith crazy 

4 minutes ago, Peddy said:

Tried to swap my insurance over from my 66 plate Kia niro to my 1.5 karoq dsg similar price when new and was told they couldn't insure new car and cancelled my insurance

with no explanation had to move to another firm and got it cheaper than the one I was iwith crazy 

Some insurers can be slow to document new models. My guess is that your car wasn't on their database so the option for them was to deny insurance.

It’s certainly a lottery. I got a quote from a comparison site @ £350 fully comp which was for a business rate inc social etc and full breakdown. Considering I do an average of 30,000 miles a year I thought pretty fair. 

Think I’ll give Dan a call as I will need to insure a ZZR next month and then an MG in July. Nothing but money flowing out the door over next few months.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:25, Nicky_P said:

Wife went from Rapid Spaceback 1.2Tsi to  Karoq 1.5Tsi and insurance went up by just £6.

On 22/03/2018 at 06:43, George1468 said:

Try getting a quote off my Aviva £170.00 for my edition not a comparison site 

Thanks for the tip. Got a quote today £169, got to love car forums :thumbup:

• Like 1

We went from an Octavia 1.6TDI SE L to a Karoq 2.0 TDI 4x4 Edition and Insurance stayed the same. 

Tried Aviva directly and WOW !!

Currently been quoted for renewal with my existing insurer £460 (which was £80 cheaper than last year), Aviva just quoted me £300 including NCB protection, Legal cover and Courtesy car.

Think i know where I'll be going !

We change 16 plate Yeti 1.2tsi SE DSG tomorrow for our Karoq 1.0tsi SE DSG. 

Churchill want £15 to RD in Sept inc their £25 admin charge so effectively the AP has reduced.

Diaried to try Aviva in Sept.

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

We change 16 plate Yeti 1.2tsi SE DSG tomorrow for our Karoq 1.0tsi SE DSG. 

Churchill want £15 to RD in Sept inc their £25 admin charge so effectively the AP has reduced.

Diaried to try Aviva in Sept.

Funnily mine went down from the Octavia to the Karoq at a cost of £16 which included the £25 admin fee, so was effectively £9 cheaper (4 weeks to go on the policy), just sounded strange when they told me I had £16 to pay and this included the £25 admin :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

Funnily mine went down from the Octavia to the Karoq at a cost of £16 which included the £25 admin fee, so was effectively £9 cheaper (4 weeks to go on the policy), just sounded strange when they told me I had £16 to pay and this included the £25 admin :wacko:

When I was doing adjustments with General Accident in the 60's (one of the Aviva ancestors) there were no "admin charges" - aside from an industry agreed flat £2 for a Green Card. If the annual premium increased, there was a debit. If it went down, they got a refund. But no charge for my expertise :biggrin:

Things have certainly changed when to ring up to speak to a human to alter something it costs £25 :D

One of the factors we'll take into account when looking round at renewal is whether they can accomodate changes online. Between Skoda's 5 day temp covernote and Churchill, we were 25 mins on the blower today :sadsmile:

4 minutes ago, Michael G said:

One of the factors we'll take into account when looking round at renewal is whether they can accomodate changes online. Between Skoda's 5 day temp covernote and Churchill, we were 25 mins on the blower today :sadsmile:

No mention of the free cover from Skoda when i picked mine up but I'd already swapped the insurance.

Previously I was with 'Quote Me Happy' wwhich I believe is part of Aviva, and I could easily make changes online FREE !! :biggrin:

• Like 1