2011 octavia 1.6tdi

New to here. Wondering if anyone has had this problem.

on a cold start, the engine struggles to fire up, little or no throttle response, revs flucuates 500-1000 rpm. Will take maybe four attempts to start. Once running it’s fine. It will start fine warm. If car is not driven for, four or five days it will start from cold ok.  Skoda said it was mass air flow meter, New one fitted still got the problem. I was thinking it maybe the coolant temperature sensor after a bit of internet searching???? I’ve always used good fuel, it’s alway up down motorway on every run, so gets a good burn. 

Any ideas or help would be very very much welcome. 

Might be as well to look to see if any VCDS owners are local and get your car diagnosed independently, I think some garages and or dealers are a bit uneconomical with the truth ( possibly ) at times 

HI Trimmer

ive got the same issue on a 67 plate, mine was running fine until about a 1000mls ago its got 24,000mls on the clock,first cold start in the mornings in very spluttery in the first few 

minutes of starting the car when i put my foot of the gas it sounds if its firing wrong when the revs go up it seems to get better but still jerky when i drive until its warm 

am going in to skoda this week with it to see whats going on i just hope they do find something thats wrong because if they dont find anything thats a worry

as i need it for my work as am a taxi driver,

• 1 year later...