Winter Rims for skoda scout

I would like to purchase second hand alloys for winter tyres for my 2008 2.0 pd skoda scout. I am asking if 16" rims from an octavia suit as they are easy obtained. I have looked through forums on this site on the matter but they are confusing espically if snow chains are included. I note that the offset for the scout varies from 51mm to 54 mm and on the ordinary octavia 50mm to 54mm. I was planning on a 205 55 16 winter tyre as this would allow me to use ordinary snow chains.

Your thoughts on this plan please

regards and thanks

two stroke  mick

No problem with 16" wheels on the Scout, I use Audi rims with an et42 and 7j width on mine with 205 55 16 winter tyres, however I don't use chains so can't comment on that.

(Audi rims were the most common 2nd hand when I was looking)

I also have some 10 year old Audi A4 alloy rims with an et42 and 7j with 205 55 16 winter tyres. Perfect for the Scout. Just be aware the more modern A4 wheels are lightly different size. 

They fit fine.  You are talking differences of 1mm closer or further away from the strut. 

The Scout runs a bigger  225/50r17 tyre than the normal Octavia to achieve the extra ground clearance, so you'll need either:

205/60r16

215/60r16

225/55r16

My choice would depend on how accurate your speedometer is.