Favourite optional extras.

Been reading a thread on the Superb owners forum about what options they like and don't use.

I know we don't have as many choices with the Fabia but what did you choose for yours that you don't bother with much and what didn't you choose that you wish you had.

For me I wish I'd have had heated seats and adaptive cruise control. I don't use the speed limiter much at all and I've only just started seeing some benefits using sport mode on my dsg.

I got the base model S and the only optional extra I added was parking sensors, had nothing but trouble since day 1 with them being temperamental, going back to the dealer again on Tuesday for them to be sorted again, not only that but dealer has damaged the car twice while it was in repair for parking sensors!

Wish I had ordered alloys or could have afforded a SE but found a set of Gigaros on here which will be going on the car next week.

Davy

• Like 1

I also wish my Fabia would have adaptive cruise control and mirror link on the radio would also be a handy thing to have. 

Other than that I am pretty satisfied with what I have on a  MonteCarlo trim.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mcturk said:

I also wish my Fabia would have adaptive cruise control and mirror link on the radio would also be a handy thing to have. 

Other than that I am pretty satisfied with what I have on a  MonteCarlo trim.

The Monte in the UK at least comes with with mirrorlink, android auto and apple car play as standard. Is it different for you in Slovenia

Yup - looks like similar to Slovenia in Ireland .. even at "Style" (a kind of SEL) level - the Bolero is an optional extra, and Smartlink-etc.. is optional, on top of that.  

The week my car was built (June 2015) was the week they sorted the SmartLink ( up to the week before, they only offered Mirrorlink - which only worked with a limited number of Android phones).

Of course - my dealer didn't know this - so I didn't order it - especially when reading all the guys'n'gals on here having icky experiences with Mirrorlink.

So - I'd have liked that.

And I wouldn't have bothered adding the optional Cornering Fogs (useless, unless you live in Italian mountains with multiple hairpin bends) , and would probably have ordered DAB, instead. Also, an extra in IRL.  

Incidentally - Front Assist is also an option across the range here - I think I must have the only Fabia in Ireland with Front Assist. The dealer nearly gave me Front Parking Sensors, as he didn't know what I was talking about !!! Luckily, I had the Skoda order code for them, and knew that was he was typing the wrong code into the computer. Grrr !

Adaptive Cruise wasn't available (Regular Cruise is also an option here too !) - but I would absolutely have that the next time around. 

• Like 1

Specified following extras on my SEL estate listed in order of usefulness to me:

Proper spare wheel

Rear view camera

Adaptive cruise control

Panoramic roof

Accoustic front and rear sensors

Sunset glass for rear

Amundsen sat nav  (more useful now I've got speed cameras loaded)

Voice control

Rear electric windows

Variable boot floor

Driver fatigue alert

Simply cleaver package

Also fitted Heko wind deflectors - really useful in all weathers and stops car misting up.

Rear door and tailgate fitted sunblinds - useful to minimise heat when dog is in the car.

Colour coded side protection strips - look nice and so far haven't noticed any dents yet but time will tell how effective they are.

Viofo  A119S dashcam - brilliant bit of kit, really small fits to screen behind rear view mirror and takes excellent quality videos.

7 hours ago, FabRio said:

Specified following extras on my SEL estate listed in order of usefulness to me:

Proper spare wheel

Rear view camera

Adaptive cruise control

Panoramic roof

Accoustic front and rear sensors

Sunset glass for rear

Amundsen sat nav  (more useful now I've got speed cameras loaded)

Voice control

Rear electric windows

Variable boot floor

Driver fatigue alert

Simply cleaver package

Also fitted Heko wind deflectors - really useful in all weathers and stops car misting up.

Rear door and tailgate fitted sunblinds - useful to minimise heat when dog is in the car.

Colour coded side protection strips - look nice and so far haven't noticed any dents yet but time will tell how effective they are.

Viofo  A119S dashcam - brilliant bit of kit, really small fits to screen behind rear view mirror and takes excellent quality videos.

Can I ask what 'voice control' over and above the standard fitment on the SE L is please as I have it on my steering wheel and use it for maps,music etc.

Wanted a 6 speed manual gearbox with the present car but not available with the 90PS TSI Fabia.

Wanted a 6 speed manual gearbox with the other car I have but not available with that model.

Although it is available with the same engine but in other models just like the Fabia.

Don't use it often but the heated front seat are lovely to use on a cold late night drive home.

The passengers seem to like/use them even more than I do.

I have a full sized spare alloy wheel which as yet is unused, but reassuring for when needed.

Thanks AG Falco

My wife has heated seats on her Citigo and I've been a little envious of them this winter.

Edited by RickW

Voice Control was a £25 optional factory fitted extra on the SEL when I bought the car. There is a Chapter about it in the Amundsen Bolero Owners Manual. Basically it allows you to control radio, media, telephone and navigation. Works quite well for me and passenger can use it as well.

• Thanks 1

Mine was purchased already built, UK stock. I would not be without the heated seats....having had them on the previous Volvo.....and the Panoramic Roof.....which will give me a problem finding the next car with something similar.  Also like the audio/visual warning on the maxi-dot. Have it set at 30mph.  Find the max speed limiter useful for long stretches of roadworks with cameras.  Unlike some, I also like the front centre armrest....particularly with DSG.  Next car will have a dashcam.  Not fully convinced on DSG expecting trouble. It does had odd glitches from time to time, but nothing reproducible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

..... and the most expensive paint option ever on a small car (possibly).

Velvet red. HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go on ... tell us ! How much ? They don’t  offer us that colour here... serious dosh?? 

[Edit] :

Ok - had a look at UK config ... sheesh .. 900 squid ... about 1300 Euro. Whew.  not usually drawn to red cars - do like that one though !

(Interested to see it in the metal.)

Edited by Dithane
  • Like 1

My favourites:

Adaptive cruise control - I'll never buy another car without it. It's just perfect!

Andoid Auto - Google Maps is the sole winner of navigation race with it's live traffic information.

We've got heated seats as standard here in Finland and static cornering lights I activated with OBD Eleven.

• Like 3

I barely have any options- mine is a standard SE 1.2 TSI 90 but with the Corrida Red paint and a spare wheel. I have added the factory armrest (pulled from a crashed SEL) and it's absolutely worth it.

What I wish I had though is adaptive cruise. It wasn't available when I got my car anyway, but it's something I definitely want. I've driven a Golf with it and it was awesome. Even regular cruise would be a big improvement over the limiter. I do use the limiter a lot, especially around town, but having proper cruise would be great on the motorway. 

Android Auto is one of my favourite things about the car. I won't have another car without it. 

If I were to order a Fabia today, I'd like to stretch to the more powerful TSI, with the 6-speed box (the 90 could do with the extra ratio too), in SEL trim as I'd like climate control, front armrest, front fogs, fancier lights, and adaptive cruise is a cheaper option as it's already got regular cruise. But I couldn't justify the extra spend when I got mine! I'd also want rear electric windows, at least on a pre-facelift car, because it adds auto window for the driver. Apparently the facelift Fabia has auto windows back, so that's less of an issue (I don't really care if the back seat passengers have to hand crank their windows!)

• Like 1

On 24.3.2018 at 18:58, teraja said:

My favourites:

Adaptive cruise control - I'll never buy another car without it. It's just perfect!

Andoid Auto - Google Maps is the sole winner of navigation race with it's live traffic information.

We've got heated seats as standard here in Finland and static cornering lights I activated with OBD Eleven.

I  totally agree with teraja, even though I mostly use Waze...

Waze's traffic information is being integrated with Google Maps, which is awesome. As Google now own Waze (the only reason why it's on Android Auto!)

• Thanks 1

Options are wonderful things, but cost a lot of money to add, cost money to fix when they sometimes go wrong and “usually” don’t add huge value to the cars come sell time, just a bit of desirability. 

I’ve had to reign in the options on my Fabia, I picked things that I would use and wouldn’t cost the earth to fix outside of warranty, (plus I had a budget to stick to). 

I would probably of ticked every box if I let my heart rule but thankfully the head kicked in on order day!

:D

• Like 1

I wish some more options could be added retrospectively.

Although I purchased and fitted an armrest myself for my new Fab Estate which unless you've never had one, makes a big difference, there are two minor annoyances with the new car, firstly lack of one touch window lowering/ raising and secondly, lumbar support. That said, I'm very happy with the standard equipment list on the SE.

Someone above mentioned heated seats, they would have been great on those cold winter mornings in Cheshire, had them on my very first car (a 1976 Saab).

I think car makers generally are missing a trick by not offering more options to fit retrospectively to nearly new/ used vehicles, especially those bought via Franchise dealers (like me) - although, not sure I'd fancy a panoramic sunroof retrospectively fitted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisPro said:

I think car makers generally are missing a trick by not offering more options to fit retrospectively to nearly new/ used vehicles, especially those bought via Franchise dealers (like me) - although, not sure I'd fancy a panoramic sunroof retrospectively fitted. 

What an upgrade that would be, I can see the kit now.

1. Tin opener.

2. Piece of glass.

3. Rubber seal.

4. Paper template.

:blink::D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pumatron said:

What an upgrade that would be, I can see the kit now.

1. Tin opener.

2. Piece of glass.

3. Rubber seal.

4. Paper template.

:blink::D

19 minutes ago, Pumatron said:

5. Manufacturer liability waiver

• Like 1