1.6 TDi 2014 Spaceback

Hi All,  my wifes spaceback has just pinged up the coil/spring warning light twice, so on scanning the car its come up as P0403 EGR valve (N18) malfunction/intermittent/not confirmed ! its done 26500 mls and is due its first service out of warrenty which I will do myself, are there any common faults for this error or will it just require cleaning ? I presume its at the back of the engine so is it hard to get too ? cheers Stuart

15 hours ago, sparky2 said:

Hi All,  my wifes spaceback has just pinged up the coil/spring warning light twice, so on scanning the car its come up as P0403 EGR valve (N18) malfunction/intermittent/not confirmed ! its done 26500 mls and is due its first service out of warrenty which I will do myself, are there any common faults for this error or will it just require cleaning ? I presume its at the back of the engine so is it hard to get too ? cheers Stuart

As per earlier reply - probably worth checking if it's had the EA189 update. 

Assuming it has (and was maintained within the dealer network) there is every chance Skoda will cover the repair to the EGR valve under the "trust building measure" - more here: http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo/trust-building-measure

Edited by pinkpanther

Hi Thanks for the reply's, no its never had the ea189 update !  what happens when it has the update ? I presume it gets clogged up with gunk as normal ? I drove it today and it was fine for about 1 and a half hours ! cheers Stuart

Just had a look on youtube and found this -

looks like a big job and expensive !

Edited by sparky2

2 hours ago, sparky2 said:

Just had a look on youtube and found this -

looks like a big job and expensive !

Given you're only just out of warranty it might be worth seeking a "goodwill" contribution from Skoda.

22 hours ago, sparky2 said:

Hi Thanks for the reply's, no its never had the ea189 update !  what happens when it has the update ? I presume it gets clogged up with gunk as normal ? I drove it today and it was fine for about 1 and a half hours ! cheers Stuart

The update was applied to my 2.0 TDi Yeti and led to issues with increased frequency of DPF regeneration, more engine noise, reduced MPG and altered driving dynamics (less torque lower down the rev range). I eventually had it remapped.

I'm yet to suffer any issues with the EGR system on my Yeti, although understand it is a costly and difficult part to replace.

Good luck resolving your issues.