Apple Car Play

Paul161157

Can't speak to CP, but on Android Auto there's an audible warning if signal is lost.

Much will depend on the areas most driven in. I would have thought in the West Midlands 4G coverage would be good. I know in the West Yorks conurbation we've virtually no dead spots these days. Indeed, on our last long run across to Lake Como, the only time we lost signal in Europe overall was in the Italian tunnels :D

Does the phone lose signal when not connected for CarPlay? Have you tried another cable?

On 3/23/2018 at 09:51, Michael G said:

Can't speak to CP, but on Android Auto there's an audible warning if signal is lost.

Much will depend on the areas most driven in. I would have thought in the West Midlands 4G coverage would be good. I know in the West Yorks conurbation we've virtually no dead spots these days. Indeed, on our last long run across to Lake Como, the only time we lost signal in Europe overall was in the Italian tunnels :D

Does the phone lose signal when not connected for CarPlay? Have you tried another cable?

How odd. I have found that there is no loss of anything (phonewise) in Italian tunnels.

I have read somewhere that the heated screens can effect the internet reception on some mobile phones. But thinking about it that’s why they have the shark fin antenna,so it should be ok?

Edited by Karman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Karman said:

I have read somewhere that the heated screens can effect the internet reception on some mobile phones.

Should be OK in the new car then:D

No heated screen in our current Yeti either.

Every cloud eh?

• Haha 1

Our current car just has the old school bee sting aerial and 4G connectivity is generally fine.

Aside from those Italian tunnels :wacko:

21 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Our current car just has the old school bee sting aerial and 4G connectivity is generally fine.

Aside from those Italian tunnels :wacko:

You shouldn't have ANY Italian tunnels in Yorkshire.    :D