Karoq tv advert

Nicky_P

Well it is true.

Loved by so many, going to be sadly missed, Design Icon, practical,

only problem is some bought several and many never bought even one.

People that bought and owned have instead of buying the last ones have gone for a Karoq or something else to get a choice of engine and gearbox or AWD 

that they want.

People looked at a Yeti and went and bought some other Skoda or VW Group model, not that strange is it?

Same as with a Kodiak or Karoq, or even a Octavia, Superb or Fabia, the advertising catches attention and gets people looking, 

then maybe visiting a showroom, 

then the salespeople often have them, walk in disgust....   Rod McLeod the new head of SKODA UK should remember that.

PS.

Mk2 Fabia vRS advert lead to only under 2,900 being First Registered in the uk from 2010-2015.

Mk1 Fabia vrs had more than 13,000 First Registered in the UK in its production period.

Adverts are great, bring attention, entertain or annoy, just not always resulting in sales of the product in the advert.

Note to ROD McLEOD. & any Skoda UK management reading this,. or Magazine Editors / Journalists.

Sort out the out of warranty DQ200 DSG's that are failing and that SKODA UK are refusing to help owners with.

There was Fundamental Design, Manuafacturing, Material / Component & Software Failings, 

and being with VW since 1996 you know that as do the VW Group.

Clutch packs made of chocolate, fluids are salted caramel, and the MCU's are toffee, software is a mystery, 

and VW Management are Deaf Dumb and Blind but sure play a mean pinball.  or pass from Pillar to post. 

THEN the 1.4TSI Twincharger 180ps min,  over 20% Failure Rate of these engines, and the replacement engines even failing.

Not often mentioned by Skoda / VW.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/315115-service-campaign-dq200-dsg-oil-changeecu-update-fabias-in-uk 

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 2

4th thread just on Briskoda on the subject, it certainly has Social Media attention, and might have thousands talking about it and millions catching on to Skoda.

Do people like the GOCOMPARE.COM adverts.

Edited by AwaoffSki

• Administrators

Well that explains why my dashboard has been red/amber all weekend.

A few spikes in traffic pushing my mean page time over my limits.

It's still bonkers in my mind they think a face/name sells more than word of mouth. 

I wonder if the wiggins adverts will ever b shown again? That was cash well spent...

2 hours ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Noticed yesterday the advert has been changed a little. Anyone notice it? 

Yes

I also noticed this but couldn't be sure so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The skoda dealer sent me an email with this terrible ad on it on video...

Are they trying to put me off buying a Kodaq ?     If so they are succeeding big time...      A cross between a poor Xfactor audition and a Christmas panto rehearsal .......a guy with a bike and a struggling singer can't wait for the next poor attempt by the ad agency . Suggest the main song from Annie "tomorrow is another day" that should get us running to buy 

Looks like I’m about the only one to like it?   As a first time Skoda purchaser (and eagerly waiting for delivery of my Karoq), I actually like the advert and take away the message from it to go and do your own thing ie. buy a Skoda and don’t give a crap what anyone else thinks.

• Like 3

Skoda Karoq Orders and Sales success for Skoda.

Adverts and publicity looking like a great success as well.    It has people talking, thinking, hating or watching for the next advert to see if any changes.

All Skoda needs to do is sort out the Websites / Configurator, Ordering System, Communications between Dealership Sales Executives and Customers, 

and if there are any snagging faults with the New Karoq address them quickly. 

'Simply Clever'.  

Massi     If the point of the advert is go buy a Skoda and don't care what anyone else thinks?   To me seems that they are ashamed to own a Skoda?   Thanks for the honest reply...Glad you like the ad.  I was driving back on an Aberdeenshire road today  towards Aberdeen and a red Skoda which I think was a Karoq passed me on the duel carriageway,   it was driven really well but I could not catch it and I was keeping to the speed limit..   

Not ashamed at all to drive a Skoda.  If I was, I wouldn’t have gone near the Skoda garage and I’d be ordering something else.   To me the Karoq is the Smart Choice in the “crossover/suv” class and those who turn up their nose at it, know nothing about cars.   I hope to be singing it’s praises for the next few years and see how many people’s perceptions I can change about the brand.   I’d have been a Skoda driver a few years ago but it’s only now that my wife has come round to the idea of driving one.   Times have certainly changed and I’ll be a proud owner.

• Like 1

MASS1, I'd 2nd that word for word. Skoda, particularly the Karoq are IMHO as good as, if not better than anything in the price range, and anything costing £20k more. It makes me laugh when such car journalists as Car Wow harp on about 'hard scratchy plastics'  in door bins etc.  All car manufacturers are the same nowadays - what are they supposed to be made of - lambswool? 

At the end of the day, it's down to badge snobbery, pure and simple. 

• Like 2

Years ago, my friend and his father in law each bought a new car, an orange Skoda Estelle. It wasn't a brilliant car, the engine sounded like a bucket of nails. My present car is a Kia, a brand I would never have bought  years ago.

Cars and brands can get better and worse over time. Now its Skodas time to shine. Always impressed with my wifes Fabia, it wasn't any stretch to order the Karoq which represents good value and access to the VW  parts bin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MASS1 said:

Not ashamed at all to drive a Skoda.  If I was, I wouldn’t have gone near the Skoda garage and I’d be ordering something else.   To me the Karoq is the Smart Choice in the “crossover/suv” class and those who turn up their nose at it, know nothing about cars.   I hope to be singing it’s praises for the next few years and see how many people’s perceptions I can change about the brand.   I’d have been a Skoda driver a few years ago but it’s only now that my wife has come round to the idea of driving one.   Times have certainly changed and I’ll be a proud owner.

:skoda:

Forgive me,. Massi was not suggesting you should be ashamed of a Skoda at all.   Only the advert could give that impression perhaps?  I own a Octavia vrs and I am certainly not ashamed of it... Just don't think that ad is well  thought out or performed....but that is just my opinion.