Headlight bulb recommendations

TheInsanity1234

So I've noticed my headlight bulbs are not as good as they were before, so I'm now thinking about upgrading them to something a bit brighter, since they're so crap.

Just wondering what you Citigo folks use on your cars, and how much they are.

Mine are the standard bulbs that came with the car almost 2 years ago so they're getting on a bit and there's a definite drop in dipped beam brightness.

How often do you change your bulbs?

When they stop working, generally.

I used to upgrade to Philips X-treme vision bulbs which were definitely clearer and brighter but didn't last anything like as long as the basic bulbs. Bored with replacing them (and paying to replace them) I went back to the originals.

I had Ring xenonmax +130 last time, they lasted well and where definitely an improvement over the stock bulbs. Replaced them with the latest Phillips Xtreme just before I sold the car, they gave better lighting than the Xenonmax, but not massively better.

• 2 weeks later...

Osram nightbreaker 2's work out the best cost/light output/longevity option

Think "unlimited" is the newest variant.

The philips ones are great output but ruddy pricey and dont last as long as the O. NBs (brightest stars and all that motivational stuff)