Horn location

krytendb

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have seen it when I installed preheater for engine. If memory serves it is in same place where you change bulb for fog light. You need to open plastic inner fender in front of wheel to change the bulb. I guess it's hard to reach horns though. You may need to remove wheel. I can't remember which side it was. 

Why you need to remove horns if I may ask? :)

Edit: I think horns were on right side. 

Edited by Emil

15 hours ago, Emil said:

I think I have seen it when I installed preheater for engine. If memory serves it is in same place where you change bulb for fog light. You need to open plastic inner fender in front of wheel to change the bulb. I guess it's hard to reach horns though. You may need to remove wheel. I can't remember which side it was. 

Drivers side, accessible once you remove the arch liner (see below)

image.png.068939687e21937067c419f79df04ef5.png

I stole the photo from eBay hence the poor quality, but you can gain a rough idea where it will be

Arch liner are the words I was looking for. Anyway it is quite soft plastic. You may reach the horns if you open and bend arch liner. At least that's how I changed fog light bulbs. 

Edited by Emil

On 10/04/2018 at 06:41, Emil said:

I want to fit air horns......

The MOT testers Manual states that it will be a failure item if for a vehicle first used on or after 1 August 1973, a sound emitted by the horn is 

. not a constant note 
. not continuous or uniform 
. harsh or grating, or, 
the sound emitted by the horn is not loud enough to be heard by another road user. 

So I think it will be ok for you.:)

9 hours ago, RickW said:

The MOT testers Manual states that it will be a failure item if for a vehicle first used on or after 1 August 1973, a sound emitted by the horn is 

. not a constant note 
. not continuous or uniform 
. harsh or grating, or, 
the sound emitted by the horn is not loud enough to be heard by another road user. 

So I think it will be ok for you.:)

Or if your horn has been replaced by a gong :D

Screenshot_20180412-195858.thumb.png.e6fdad14c03245a6d80064b4d7777fcc.png

• Haha 1