What service required.

Triton1963

Hi

i have a Citigo 2014 1.0. It’s just coming up to 10k in the clock!!  I bought it from an old lady who only used it to go to the shops. I bought it with 5k at 3 years old and it had had 3 dealer services before I got it. 

I am going to change oil, filter, air filter and plugs. As I cannot locate a service manual for the citigo, unless I have missed one, was wondering what else needs doing given age? 

Thanks. 

Luckily my 63 plate Roomie has a service book. My brother-in-laws Yeti does not. He plans to take it to an independent when warranty ends but how do other  than Skoda dealers record services and work done?

20 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Service records are kept online by skoda unfortunately. I don’t think there’s a way to bring them up? 

Ring Skoda Customer services or a dealer and ask for the Service/complete History ( other work/warranty work carried out ) of the CAr Via the Reg Number

• Like 2

Or get them to send the info.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

The main dealership will have been well happy with the Citogo Customer.

3 Services paid for in 5,000 miles.

Money for old rope.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed   or simply fleeced.

• Like 1

Very little 'Needs replacing maybe'  but then Checking needs doing.   @ 10,000 miles spark plugs should not 'need' replaced, 

but if you are going to check them, might as well put in new ones, they are cheap enough, then if what comes out are good you clean, gap, keep and maybe use.

If the Airfilter is clean and fresh then you maybe do not replace.

Changing a pollen filter same thing, condition, location, climate , how damp where you stay, drive, park, seaside or countryside or city.

If you check the H2o in the Brake Fluid and you do not need to change you might not.

Location , location, location, usage and trusting those that did before is always what matters on what is needed with Servicing and Maintenance,

and common sense.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes 

Thank you Emil. I didn’t want to state the obvious as people were trying to be helpful. Not really interested what’s been done. I need to know what needs doing in view of it’s 4 years old. In its short life it has been over serviced by the dealers. I will now take over servicing. 

I know the basics, but need to know what else needs doing at the 4 year mark. 

I just changed clutch and brake fluid some time ago. Battery needs to be removed to reach clutch slave cylinder. I didn't laugh all the time when I did it. :)

Brake fluid after 3 years, then after 2 years. It would be hard to determine how much there is moisture in slave and brake cylinders.

The first Brake Fluid change if the Dealer told the owner and they paid for it would have been in 2017.

So is there an invoice for that, and then the next change is due 2019.

It is as easy to change the fluid when you can and want to, or pay someone to.   

But as you might find technicians and others have used test kits for years to check moisture content.

Plenty get the 3 year brake fluid change, maybe fewer each 2 years after. 

Just a few years back it was '@ 2 years then each 2 years'.

Edited by AwaoffSki

You know how "easy" it is to change clutch fluid when you have done it. There's no point to change just brake fluid as clutch and brakes have same reservoir. But I bet you knew it "AwayoffSki".

Emil, i have not changed a Citigo's, but over 40 years changed plenty where there is just the fluid doing both.

Its something you learn from serving your time as a mechanic then working on vehicles from then on.

Just remove battery and battery carrier from a Citigo, before we continue talking about this. Please. Then you know what I'm talking about. :D

It's not bad. But it might l need something more than a keyboard. :wondering:

Are you on some wind up?

Just as on Fabias and so many others.   Just keep replacing Discs brakes and you will be fine, you seem well experienced on that now.

Very familiar with where everything is.  No need to use dealers anymore.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/311938-i-had-to-order-new-brake-discs 

Edited by AwaoffSki

• 2 weeks later...