Finally car collected

Nicky_P

Lovely looking vehicle , I like all these dealers that have the unveiling cloth over them , bet I don't get that when we pick ours up B)

• Like 1

WOW................very smart.

Phoned my dealer this afternoon, my cars is at the docks in Germany waiting for transport to sunny 'ol Blighty.   :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Very nice, what did you go for? I may have seen it in another topic but so many people comment lol. 

1.5tsi dsg edition. It's Mrs P's car but I can see myself using it more than I did her Juke :biggrin:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Karman said:

Sure it was worth the wait Nick, I like the rear windows darker, was that done at the dealers and if it was how do they do that?

Yes worth the wait, really nice car, kit wise it blows my Golf out of the water!

Dealers had the windows tinted on site, they have a guy (Tom the tinter) that comes in when needed and applies the film.

10 minutes ago, westie38 said:

Congratulations Nicky, lovely looking car. The DSG is excellent, can't fault the car so far. Enjoy.

I have dsg on my Golf so well equainted with it, I'd never buy another manual  box now.

Going to go out for a decent drive tomorrow, weathers been terrible today....

14 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Nice. Do you know what % tint that is?

I’m getting extra tint put in as well.

That looks spot on.

Not sure of the %, we just asked for dark as you've got.

Maybe classed as limo tint?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

Not sure of the %, we just asked for dark as you've got.

Maybe classed as limo tint?

That is the family pack sun reflective glass

Family pack. Includes power-operated child safety lock, side windows in heat-insulating glass from B-pillar privacy glass, double sided mat in luggage compartment and rubbish bin in door panel.
 £120.00

10 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Nice. Do you know what % tint that is?

I’m getting extra tint put in as well.

That looks spot on.

Family pack. Includes power-operated child safety lock, side windows in heat-insulating glass from B-pillar privacy glass, double sided mat in luggage compartment and rubbish bin in door panel.
 £120.00

14 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

That is the family pack sun reflective glass

£120.00

It's an extra tint I had applied, standard privacy glass on the Edition isn't dark enough for my liking.

Looks absolutely brilliant in black with the extra tints, a word of caution that some insurance companys load the premium for retro fitted tints, one quote for my octavia was £70 more on tints that were only £150ish to fit.

Really pleased for you and look forward to getting my SEL 1.5TSI in black, hopefully early May.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, love2drive said:

Looks absolutely brilliant in black with the extra tints

I've got to say, ALL the colors seem to look fantastic. All much better in the pictures on here than the skoda's brochures / websites etc!

12 minutes ago, olly_shaw said:

I've got to say, ALL the colors seem to look fantastic. All much better in the pictures on here than the skoda's brochures / websites etc!

I agree with that! I changed from Candy White to Business Grey when I saw the colour in the flash. Dismissed the grey as boring, but pics did not do it justice. Difficult to pick!

2 hours ago, love2drive said:

Looks absolutely brilliant in black with the extra tints, a word of caution that some insurance companys load the premium for retro fitted tints, one quote for my octavia was £70 more on tints that were only £150ish to fit.

Really pleased for you and look forward to getting my SEL 1.5TSI in black, hopefully early May.

Tints declared at no extra cost, as a rule I always declare everything, better safe than sorry.