Digital dash

TonyTonic

On 07/04/2018 at 16:42, solarfusion said:

I notice that manual page also mentions "automatic summer time" which I don't have as an option on mine (Amundsen) maybe it's only on the Columbus.

Regarding the white infill on the speedo it's light grey on my SE tech rather than white

DSC_3653.JPG

What ???

WTF is going on here, are Skoda just changing the look of the dials ?

My SE Tech has the same dash as 'Michael G', no infill around the surrounding numbers !!

2 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

What ???

WTF is going on here, are Skoda just changing the look of the dials ?

My SE Tech has the same dash as 'Michael G', no infill around the surrounding numbers !!

Are they matching the paint colour? Mine is business grey so grey infill?

Asked Skoda about the digital dash last week. Got a reply today:

"Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the availability of the digital instrument display on the new ŠKODA KAROQ. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I have spoken with our Product Marketing Team who has advised currently they are waiting for a release date for the digital instrument display to be added to the ŠKODA KAROQ range in the UK. We are hoping for this feature to be released by the end of 2018."

So hopefully this year!

1 hour ago, gojoholo said:

Asked Skoda about the digital dash last week. Got a reply today:

"Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the availability of the digital instrument display on the new ŠKODA KAROQ. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I have spoken with our Product Marketing Team who has advised currently they are waiting for a release date for the digital instrument display to be added to the ŠKODA KAROQ range in the UK. We are hoping for this feature to be released by the end of 2018."

So hopefully this year!

good god, first it was expected in the week 22 model revision, now way past that ??

39 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

I don't care much for it anyway, and MUCH prefer the traditional dials.  B)

I haven't physically seen one, but have read comments that it looks very 'flat', although i do like the way you can customise it

2 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

I haven't physically seen one, but have read comments that it looks very 'flat', although i do like the way you can customise it

I've seen it on a friend's e-Golf. It's pretty vivid. I agree though - the main feature is the customisation.

I'm totally happy with the Karoq display as is. It's a real jump from our v1 Yeti then FL Yeti.

On 10/04/2018 at 16:54, Panther_uk said:

From some on the configurators of the Karoq it seems to be the same one already in the Passat and other VW models. It does look a bit flat and a bit different than in Audi’s. The hardware is probably the same but the software must be dofferentdifferent

I have it on my TT - it’s pretty excellent on that. That being said, the TT has no central screen so everything is housed in the ‘virtual cockpit’ as they call it. On the Karoq, I wasn’t too fussed as I thought the Columbus screen will be more than enough. 

Friend has it on his e-Golf. Very nice, vivid - but the key feature for him is the customisation. 

Compared to our Yetis, I'm totally happy with the Karoq dash and the higher/bigger Bolero screen.

Someone's asked them about the digital dash on twitter. The reply: they don't know when it will be available. Bonkers really, given that all the original promo material was that the karoq was going to be the first skoda to have it. Personally I'm not that bothered, if it was a cost option i wouldn't choose it. But why bang on about it but not have it available?

4 hours ago, Michael G said:

Are we going to have #dashgate on top of #seatgate on top of ackofinfogate on top of #notrackinggate?

Don't forget #couldn'tcarelessgate haha :D

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...