Heater, rear wiper, 12v socket not working!

Roper98

Hi

Since yesterday the interior heater, 12volt auxiliary socket and rear wiper a have stopped working. 

Reading through some older posts some people say it could be a relay? 

I haven't checked fuses yet as it would seem odd for three to blow at the same time.

Can anyone shed any light on how I could go about fixing the problem.

Kind regards Jamie 

Unfortunately the manual doesn’t seem to mention the relays, but it does mention the fuses. 

Fuses located under the steering wheel;

F20 rear window heating 

F46 12v auxiliary socket

F47 air blower for AC

Thanks, it seems to be intermittent as to when it chooses to do it. If you turn the car off and back on again quickly everything works fine. Sounds like it's the ignition switch.

Had nothing but problems with the citigo. Awfully made cars. 

That’s unfortunate. I know a lot on here have loved their Citigo’s, best city cars around most say. Unfortunately there’s always afew that sneak through that have problems, maybe yours was one?

i hope the next car you get doesn’t turn out to be as much of an issue. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. Blower, 12v output and rear wiper. Just stopped working over the weekend. Had the ignition looked at and checked through but need a circuit diagram. Does anyone have one? It's a bit bizarre

• 3 months later...

Happend to our 2015 Citigo for the third time. Previous problems were fixed under warranty. First time new ignition lock. Second time new relay. Westover couldn’t look at it for three weeks as out of warranty!!!! Local auto electrician coming round on Monday.

It is a shame this recurring problem has soured my view of Skoda reliability. We certainly never get these repeat problems with our Jazz.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This has just happened to mine and typically about 2 months out of warranty.

If it's a known fault should a recall not have happened or am I being naive to expect this to be fixed free of charge.

My local dealership wanted £110 just to run diagnostics today so I told them not to bother. 

Any advice?

12 hours ago, Martinpem said:

If it's a known fault should a recall not have happened or am I being naive to expect this to be fixed free of charge.

My local dealership wanted £110 just to run diagnostics today so I told them not to bother. 

Any advice?

Go local, make sure they’re reliable though. 

On 18/12/2018 at 23:31, Martinpem said:

Any advice?

Contact Skoda UK, be firm but fair. Plead poverty, pretend to cry on the phone, both have worked for me in the past...

Being only 2 months out of warranty should see the possibility of a goodwill gesture, especially since the problem seems quite wide spread and well documented...

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/contact-us

Capture.JPG.7f9366f6cd81193970d57b7272a0e633.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have a Skoda Citigo that has this problem, it's a 65 plate, and yesterday afternoon i noticed the passenger fans weren't blowing out any air at all, along with the cigarette socket not having power, and also my rear wiper not functioning. I have it booked in at a garage next week, but I need to drive to work the next 3 days, does anyone have any advice on whether it is ok to drive it without the in car fans working? 

Just now, Wino said:

Yep, no problem.

Thankyou for replying. 

Has anyone worked out what the actual issue is with this? Might help to tell my garage when I take it in, couldn't get a clear answer from reading previous comments, but that could just be me 😂

Skoda dealership garage or general one? If it's the former they may have some info on record if it's a sufficiently common fault (but they are unlikely to admit to that, more likely to say "never seen this before" even if they had three the same yesterday). 

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wino said:

Skoda dealership garage or general one? If it's the former they may have some info on record if it's a sufficiently common fault (but they are unlikely to admit to that, more likely to say "never seen this before" even if they had three the same yesterday. 

It's just a general garage, so if can take them some info that might be helpful to them and quicken up the process