Skoda Roomster parcel shelf dimensions and weight

I managed to leave my Skoda Roomster parcel shelf in the Midlands yesterday. It is a bit too far away to just nip up there and get it, so I want to arrange a courier pickup and delivery. To do this I need the dimensions and weight of the item.

I was wondering if there is anyone with a Roomster on here who could do me a really big favour and measure (length, width and height) / weigh their parcel shelf? My Skoda is a 2012 model. I'm not sure whether it is a 'Mark 1' or 'Mark 2'. There is nothing on the web explaining what the difference is.

Thanks a million if anyone can do this!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Mine is a 2007, doubt if they've changed much since then (you could ring the Parts Dept of any Skoda dealer, ask if there's one or more different Roomster parcel shelves), mine is 103cm long, 60cm wide, 6cm depth.

Just weighed me, then me plus parcel shelf, difference 3kg (but mine has a home-made add-on black fabric thing attached to the shelf's forward lip, which covers the variable gap betwixt shelf and rear seat tops, indeed flops forward down the seat backs. It comprises two strips of black plastic beading, c 40 black cable ties, and the aforementioned fabric, obtained from a garden centre, I guesstimate they might add a kilo, so bare shelf c 2kg.)

HTH

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Chris,

I do recall reading in here ages ago that Skoda do/did offer a proprietary device to cover that variable gap from parcel shelf to back seat tops, presume it might operate in a concertina way.... never seen one, so thought I'll make my own!

Glad you got your shelf back eventually.

You might want to consider adding into your profile a little about your Roomster (year, trim, engine, transmission) and your approx home location, it comes in handy when members request help with their car.

Richard