Poor radio reception

vegit8

We have a 16 plate SEL 60.

it has the old style FM  radio.

almost from new the reception has been awful. 

The dealer has replaced the aerial base twice, which involves pulling down the headlining leaving unsightly creases.

Even after this latest "fix" I am still not overly impressed.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Edited by vegit8

I have owned 3 Citigos and I own 2 of those at the moment. All of those have had a bit dull radio reception occasionally. I also had similar problems with my 2006 and 2007 Octavia. Not major problems but sometimes I wonder why it is like that. I mean I've heard better radio receivers. Culprit might be the radio itself. 

My Seat Mii radio can be awful one day and perfect the next. It's definitely a weak spot on the FM radios. Not sure about the new DAB ones, are they any better?

Had the same issue with my last car. patchy on FM. Dealer fix seemed to work for a while. It is a known issue. The new DAB set has been faultless so far.

At one point with the last car i considered buying an amplified antenna (just screws into the standard base), available for, i think, £10-15 online. Has anyone out there tried that route?